Dr.Hab., Professor V.D. Chepik2
1Gzhel State University, Elektroizolyator village, Moscow Region
2Russian State Social University, Moscow
One of the key drawbacks of the national tourist service system is due to the increasingly reported unhappiness of the clients with the quality and timeliness of the special background information service provided prior to the tours. This was the reason for us to give a special priority to the special background client information processing and communication component in the travel agent practical training curricula; and offer the information service mastering course called the special background information service mastering model. Objective of the study was to design and test benefits of the special background information service mastering model in building up the key information processing and communication service competences in the travel agents trained under 43.03.02 Tourism curriculum to secure the new quality of service in the tourist service sector. The new model was tested at Gzhel State University in the academic years of 2013-14 and 2014-15. The study data and analyses showed benefits of the new special background information service mastering model as verified by the students’ progress in academic practices, including the numbers and quality of students’ course works and presentations with a special priority to the background information on the tourist route options, team compositions, trekking tours, tour data mining technologies, and special background information mining, processing and distribution technologies in the tourist product service packages.
Keywords: special background information; information processing and communication competences, travel agent; client information service quality.
- Brutko I.I., Sitnikov E.A., Ushakov D.S. Turistskiy biznes: osnovy organizatsii [Tourist business: foundations of organization]. Moscow. Feniks publ., 2008, 383 p.
- Vetitnev A.M., Kuskov A. S. Lechebny turizm [Medical tourism]. Teaching aid. Moscow: Forum publ., 2010, 592 p.
- Rasporyazhenie Pravitelstva RF ot 31 maya 2014 g. # 941 'Ob utverzhdenii Strategii razvitiya turizma v Rossiyskoy Federatsii na period do 2020 goda' [Order of the Government of the Russian Federation of May 31, 2014 No. 941-r "On Approving the Strategy for Development of Tourism in the Russian Federation for the Period to 2020"].
- Reisterman T.V. Profilnaya informatsiya v proektirovanii informatsionno-kommunikatsionnykh kompetentsiy menedzhera turizma [Profile information in design of information and communication competences of tour agent]. Vestnik universiteta (Gosudarstvenny universitet upravleniya). 2015, no. 13, pp. 343-348.
- Sobolev M.S. Metod latentnogo semanticheskogo analiza: magisterskaya dis [The method of latent semantic analysis: master's dis.]. Moscow, 2007 [electronic resource]. Available at: http:rykov-dr/en /Sobolev.pdf / (date of access: 11/07/2015).
- Chepik V.D., Reisterman T.V. Informatsionnye uslugi turfirm v populyarizatsii programm ozdorovitelnoy i kulturno-prosvetitelnoy napravlennosti [Information Services of Travel Agencies for Popularization of Recreational and Cultural and Educational Programs]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury, 2014, no 11, pp. 102–104.