Family traditions to motivate schoolchildren for physical activity
1North-Western State Medical University named after I.I. Mechnikov, Moscow
2Military Academy of Signal Communications named after Marshal of the Soviet Union S.M. Budyonny, Moscow
Objective of the study was to analyze the potential role of family traditions for the schoolchildren’s motivations for physical activity and healthy lifestyles. The study was completed under the social Public-private Partnership for the Family and Demographic Policies “Strong family, strong Russia” Project. Subject to a questionnaire survey were 10 thousand schoolchildren of 11, 13 and 15 years of age in 14 Russian cities from the Health Cities and Towns Associations; with the questionnaire survey compliant to the Health Behavior in School-aged Children (HBSC) standard. The questionnaire survey demonstrates the high role of family values and relations in the children’s motivations for health activities, healthy lifestyle and physical trainings. The study data and analyses verify the need for mass physical activation programs with a special priority being given to family encouragements and contributions.
Keywords: physical activity, family traditions, motivation for healthy lifestyle.
- Evdokimov V.I., Churganov O.A. Metodologiya i metodika provedeniya nauchnoy raboty po fizicheskoy kulture i sportu [Technology and methods of scientific work on physical education and sports]. Moscow, 2010.
- Evdokimov V.I., Churganov O.A., Yatskovets A.S. [ed.] Nauchnaya rabota po fizicheskoy kulture i sportu: metodologiya i metodika provedeniya [Scientific work on physical education and sports: technology and methods]. MIPC publ.. St. Petersburg, 2007.
- Churganov O.A. Zdorovesberegayuschee povedenie kak faktor uluchsheniya kachestva zhizni naseleniya [Health-promotion behaviour as factor to improve quality of life of population]. Aktualnye problemy professionalnoy deyatelnosti spetsialistov v sfere fizicheskoy kultury i sporta [Actual problems of professional activity of physical education and sports specialists]. St. Petersburg, 2005, pp. 151-155.
- Shelkova L.N., Churganov O.A., Gavrilova E.A., Malinin A.V. Sotsialnye aspekty fizkulturno-sportivnoy deyatelnosti v shkolnoy srede [Social aspects of physical education and sports activities in school environment]. Fizicheskaya kultura v obazovanii: sostoyanie i perspektivy razvitiya: Mater. mezhvuz. nauch.-prakt. konf. 'Gertsenovskie chteniya' [Physical culture in education: status and development prospects: Proc. interuniversity. res.-practical conf. 'Herzen's conference', ded. 70th anniversary of Physical Education Department of Herzen RSPU], St. Petersburg, 2016, pp. 211-215.
- Yakovlev Yu.V. Issledovanie motivov, opredelyayuschikh vklyuchennost studentov gornykh spetsialnostey v fizkulturno-sportivnuyu deyatelnost [Study of motives to determine involvement of students majoring in mining in physical education and sports activities]. Uchenye zapiski un-ta im. P.F. Lesgafta, 2012, no. 7 (89), pp. 155–159.