Dr.Hab., Professor G.V. Barchukova1
PhD, Associate Professor E.E. Zhigun1
Gadri Nasik Subhi Mutar2
1Russian State University of Physical Education, Sport, Youth and Tourism (SCOLIPE), Moscow
2Pedagogical University, Baghdad, Iraq
Objective of the study was to rate and analyze the physical fitness of female students from Iraq and Russia to find similarities, differences and regularities. Sampled for the study were 44 female non-sporting students: 20 students from Pedagogical University in Bagdad; and 24 students from Russian State University of Physical Education, Sport, Youth and Tourism in Moscow. The study was designed to obtain the joints flexibility, coordination, speed-strength and static endurance rates. The Iraqi students were tested with higher coordination abilities than their Russian peers, whilst the latter were ranked higher in the speed-strength, shoulder joints and spine flexibility tests, albeit lower than their Iraqi peers in the hip flexibility tests.
Keywords: physical fitness, female students from Russia and Iraq, mobility in joints, speed-strength qualities, coordination abilities, static endurance.
- Barchukova G.V., Mizin A.N. Samostoyatelnaya rabota studentov v ramkakh distsipliny «Fizicheskaya kultura [Students' self-training within Physical Education discipline]. Mater. mezhdunar. nauch.-metod. konf. 'Problemy sovershenstvovaniya fizicheskogo vospitaniya studentov' [Proc. Intern. scie.-method. conf. 'Problems of improvement of academic physical education']. Feb 2–3 2012. Moscow, 2012, pp. 149–150.
- Barchukova G.V., Mizin A.N. Ozdorovitelnaya napravlennost zanyatiy nastolnym tennisom dlya studentov vuzov v ramkakh distsipliny 'Fizicheskaya kultura' [Health improving table tennis practices for university students within Physical Education discipline]. Mater. mezhdunar. nauch.-metod. konf. 'Problemy sovershenstvovaniya fizicheskogo vospitaniya studentov' [Proc. Intern. scie.-method. conf. 'Problems of improvement of academic physical education']. Feb 2–3 2012. Moscow, 2012, pp. 126–127.
- Barchukova G.V., Mizin A.N. Innovatsionnye podkhody v organizatsii fizicheskoy kultury i sporta v studencheskoy srede [Innovative approaches in organization of academic physical education and sports]. Mater. vseros. nauch.-prakt. konf. s mezhdunar. uchastiem. 'Fizicheskoe vospitanie i studencheskiy sport glazami studentov' [Proc. res.-pract. conf. with intern. participation. 'Physical education and university sports through students' eyes'], Nov 6–8 2015. Kazan: KNRTU-KIA publ., 2015, pp. 194–196.
- Barchukova G.V., Mizin A.N. Primenenie sorevnovatelnogo metoda na zanyatiyakh nastolnym tennisom v ramkakh fizicheskoy kultury so studentami nefizkulturnykh vuzov [Competitive method applied in table tennis practices within physical education lessons with non-sports university students]. Mater. XI Mezhdunar. nauch.-prakt. konf. 'Aktualnye problemy fizicheskoy kultury, sporta i turizma' [Porc. XI Intern. res.-pract. conf. 'Actual problems of physical education, sports and tourism']. Ufa: USUAT publ., 2017, 440 p., pp. 40–45.
- Jassim Rana Abdulssatar Jassim, Vyaltseva E.D., Burdastykh A.I. Sravnenie fizicheskogo razvitiya i fizicheskoy podgotovlennosti studentov 1 i 2 kursov vuzov Rossii i Iraka [Comparison of physical development and physical fitness of first and second year students of Russian and Iraqi universities]. Kultura fizicheskaya i zdorovye, 2010, no. 5 (30), pp. 45–47.
- Matukhno E.V. Professionalno-prikladnaya fizicheskaya podgotovka. Ucheb. posobie [Professionally-applied physical training. Study guide]. Komsomolsk-on-Amur: KoASTU publ., 2013, 97 p.
- Peshkova N.V. Fizicheskaya podgotovlennost studentov iz razlichnykh ekologo-geograficheskikh rayonov i uspeshnost osvoeniya imi kursa plavaniya. Dis. kand. ped. nauk [Physical fitness of students from different ecological-geographical regions and progress in swimming course. PhD diss.]. Мoscow: 2001, 144 p.