PhD A.D. Budogossky1
Dr.Hab., Professor G.N. Gretz2
1All-Russian Association of nongovenmental organizations "Center -"Football Referee", Moscow
2Smolensk State Academy of Physical Culture, Sport and Tourism, Smolensk
The study analyzes benefits of an alternative training technology for beginner football referees compliant to the three-level training system as required by the UEFA Convention on the referee training; and considers the training process design specifics with a special emphasis on the modern distance and correspondence education technologies. The study overviews the beginner football referee alternative training model with practical cases of the modern IT applications for the training. Practical experience of the alternative training model application in the Football Referee Training Center has demonstrated benefits of the training model as verified, among other things, by the fact that 11 of 25 graduates (44.0%) have successfully qualified for the professional football refereeing service. It is also important that the new system gives a chance for many regional prospects to have a professional training in a special center.
Keywords: beginner football referee training, distance education, correspondence education, alternative referee training model.
- Budogossky A.D., Verkholetov K.E., Turbin E.A. 'Otchetnye i spravochnye materialy po organizatsii i provedeniyu eksperimentalnogo kursa alternativnoy sistemy podgotovki sudey nachalnykh kategoriy v Obscherossiyskoy assotsiatsii obschestvennykh ob'edineniy «Tsentr – 'Futbolny arbitr'' ['Reporting and reference materials on organization and procedure of the alternative primary referee training system pilot course in All-Russian Association of nongovenmental organiations 'Center- "Football Referee"]. Moscow: Center -Football Referee publ., 2011, 278 p.
- 'Polozhenie «O poryadke akkreditatsii Sudeyskim komitetom RFS organizatsiy, osuschestvlyayuschkh podgotovku futbolnykh arbitrov v Rossiyskoy Federatsii' ['Regulations 'On the FUR Referees' Committee accreditation procedure for football referee training organizations in the Russian Federation']. Moscow: Sudeyskiy komitet FUR publ., 2013, 23 p.
- Strategiya razvitiya sudeystva i inspektirovaniya v Rossiyskoy Federatsii na 2013–2020 gg. [Strategy for development of refereeing and inspection in the Russian Federation for 2013-2020]. Moscow. FUR publ., 2013, 33 p.
- Sudeyskaya konventsiya UEFA po voprosam podgotovki sudey i organizatsii raboty v natsionalnykh federatsiyakh [The UEFA Referee Convention on Referee Training and Organization of Work in National Federations]. UEFA, 2006, 27 p.
- Teoriya i metodika sudeystva sorevnovaniy po futbolu (chetyrekhletniy uchebny tsikl podgotovki futbolnykh arbitrov nachalnykh kategoriy v regionakh Rossiyskoy Federatsii) [Theory and methodology of refereeing of football competitions (four-year primary referee training cycle in the regions of the Russian Federation]. Moscow: Center -Football Referee publ., 2013, 86 p.