Dr.Hab., Professor V.R. Solomatin1
Corresponding member RAE, Dr.Hab., Professor N.Zh. Bulgakova1
1Russian State University of Physical Education, Sports, Youth and Tourism (GTSOLIFK), Moscow
Objective of the study was to analyze the competitive training model benefits in the modern elite swimming sport; systematize bodily physiological responses to distance-specific workloads versus maximal aerobic and anaerobic capacities of elite swimmers. Subject to the study were the 16-18 year-old Candidate Masters and Masters of Sport (42 males and 22 females). The sample performance was tested by maximal-speed 50/100/200/400m swimming using front and back crawl, butterfly or breaststroke techniques, with the training process effects tested by the gas exchange rates. The study found benefits of the maximal-speed one-time 100/400m optional-style swimming for the aerobic capacity building in elite junior swimmers. To speed up the anaerobic capacity building process, the elite swimmers of both sexes tested with relatively high VO2max and ЕхсСО2 rates are recommended the one-time maximal-speed optional-style 50-400m swimming exercise; whilst the adult elite swimmers tested with the relatively low VO2max and ЕхсСО2 rates are recommended to swim 100/200m in the same way. For the functionality and strength building purposes, the above method may be combined with the 50-400m butterfly swimming.
Keywords: elite swimmers, aerobic and anaerobic working capacity, competitive training method.
- Solomatin V.R., Bulgakova N.Zh., Zhuravik A. Srochny trenirovochny effekt i sistematizatsiya spetsialnykh trenirovochnykh uprazhneniy v zavisimosti ot urovnya razvitiya aerobnykh i anaerobnykh vozmozhnostey plovtsov vysokogo klassa [Urgent training effect and systematization of special training exercises with regard to level of aerobic and anaerobic capacities of elite swimmers]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury, 1996, no. 1, pp. 37-39.
- Parfenov V.A., Platonov V.N. Trenirovka kvalifitsirovannykh plovtsov [Training skilled swimmers]. Moscow: Fizkultura i sport publ., 1979.
- Platonov V.N., Vaytsekhovskiy S.M. Trenirovka plovtsov vysokogo klassa [Training highly skilled swimmers]. Moscow: Fizkultura i sport publ., 1985.
- Solomatin V.R. Mediko-biologicheskie osnovy i metody razvitiya vynoslivosti. Ucheb. posobie [Biomedical basics and techniques of endurance development. Study guide]. Moscow: GTSOLIFK publ., 1991.
- Solomatin V.R. Kriterii srochnogo trenirovochnogo effekta spetsialnykh uprazhneniy i individualizatsiya podgotovki plovtsov vysokoy kvalifikatsii [Criteria for urgent training effect from special exercises and individualization of training in elite swimming]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury, 2008, no. 10, pp. 68-71.
- Solomatin V.R. Individualizatsiya mnogoletney trenirovki v sportivnom plavanii [Individualization of long-term training in competitive swimming]. Moscow: Fizicheskaya kultura publ, 2009, 241 p.
- Solomatin V.R. Srochny trenirovochny effekt i sistematizatsiya spetsialnykh uprazhneniy v zavisimosti ot urovnya razvitiya funktsionalnykh vozmozhnostey plovtsov vysokogo klassa [Urgent training effect and systematization of special exercises with regard to functionality level of elite swimmers]. Uchenye zapiski un-ta im. P. F. Lesgafta, 2009, no.10 (56), pp. 97-101.
- Solomatin V.R. Variativnost srochnykh trenirovochnykh effektov kak osnova sistematizatsii spetsialnykh uprazhneniy plovtsov [Variability of urgent term training effects as a basis for systematization of special exercises in competitive swimming]. Vestnik sportivnoy nauki, 2010, no. 2, pp. 25-27.