PhD, Associate Professor V.V. Drogomeretsky1
PhD, Associate Professor A.A. Tretyakov1
PhD, Associate Professor G.L. Nesterenko1
1Belgorod State National Research University, Belgorod
Mass postural disorders may be ranked among the most critical problems of the national youth population, with about 80% of the young people today diagnosed with some postural disorders and/or spinal deformations. The postural disorders are known to be of detrimental effect on the functionality of the internal organs, cardiovascular, respiratory and digestive systems, plus on physical and mental working capacity. The article analyzes practical benefits of the therapeutic swimming model for treatment of postural disorders. Subject to the study was Experimental and Reference Groups (EG, RG), with every group split up into 2 diagnose (postural deviation plane) specific subgroups. The Experimental Group was trained for 1 semester 2 times a week (under the valid curriculum) as required by the health improvement model of our design; and the RG was trained under the traditional physical education curriculum – by the Physical Education Department in the S. Khorkina’s USK swimming pool of Belgorod Research University.
Keywords: students, scoliosis, board, physical education, postural disorders, correction, therapeutic swimming.
- Bulgakova N.Zh. et al. Ozdorovitelnoe, lechebnoe i adaptivnoe plavanie. Ucheb. posobie dlya stud. vyssh. ucheb. zavedeniy [Health-improving, therapeutic and adaptive swimming. Study guide for students of higher ed. est.]. Moscow: Akademiya publ., 2005, 432 p.
- Drogomeretsky V.V., Tretyakov A.A., Agoshkov V.V. Poyas goniometricheskiy: pat. 174385 RF: MPK A 63 V 31/00 [Goniometer Belt: Pat. 174385 RF: IPC A 63 B 31/00]. Applicant and patentee BSNRU. no. 2017112366; appl. 11.04.2017; pupl.. 11.10.2017, Bul. no. 29
- Mirskaya N.B., Kolomenskaya A.N. Diagnostika narusheniy i zabolevaniy kostno-myishechnoy sistemy sovremennykh shkolnikov: podkhody, terminologiya, klassifikatsiya [Diagnostics of disorders and diseases of musculoskeletal system in modern schoolchildren: approaches, terminology, classification]. Vopr. sovremennoy pediatrii, 2009, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 10-13.
- Moreva V.O. O narusheniyakh oporno-dvigatelnoy sistemy cheloveka [Musculoskeletal disorders in man]. Byul. meditsinskikh internet-konferentsiy, 2014, vol. 4, no. 5, P. 869.
- Onishchenko G.G., Baranov A.A., Kuchma V.R. Bezopasnoe buduschee detey Rossii: nauchno-metodicheskie osnovy podgotovki plana deystviy v oblasti okruzhayuschey sredy i zdorovya nashikh detey [Safe future of Russian children: scientific and methodological framework for preparation of action plan in the field of environment and health of Russian children]. Moscow: CHRC RAMS publ., 2004, 154 p.
- Tretyakov A.A., Drogomeretsky V.V., Agoshkov V.V. Doska dlya zanyatiy plavaniem pri grudnom s-obraznom skolioze: pat. 166532 RF: MPK A 63 V 31/00 [Swimming board for training of patients with thoracic s-shaped scoliosis: Pat. 166532 RF: IPC A 63 B 31/00]. Applicant and patentee BSNRU». no. 2016109951/12; appl. 18.03.2016; publ. 27.11.2016, Bul. no. 33.