Dr.Agr.Sc., Professor S.Kh. Vyshegurov1
1Novosibirsk State Agricultural University, Novosibirsk
2Sports Club of Novosibirsk State Agricultural University, Novosibirsk
The foundation and progress of the Physical Education Department (PED) of Novosibirsk State Agricultural University in the context of its role and contribution to the regional sport sector are subject to the historical analysis. The history includes success stories of the PED founders and leaders, with the PED evolution in the period of 1948 to 2018 being subject to analysis.
A special priority in the analysis is given to the PED and university contributions to the progress of the regional, national and global sports in the context of the elite academic sports encouragement policies. Presently the Physical Education Department of Novosibirsk State Agrarian University is proud of its sport assets including the Greco-Roman wrestling gym; Urozhay Ice Hockey Club; ice hockey playground; outdoor futsal and volleyball playgrounds; table tennis hall; pneumatic shooting range; darts hall; rifle shooting range; training gym; match hall; stadium with stands nearing completion etc.
As things now stand, the PED human resource is well staffed with top professionals in the core academic sports including ice hockey, football, basketball, cross-country skiing, polyathlon, powerlifting, darts, track and field sports, Greco-Roman wrestling, judo and sambo.
Keywords: physical education department, university, sports facilities, development, sports branch, region.
- Golubeva N.A. Istoriya kafedry fizicheskogo vospitaniya [History of Physical Education Department]. Vestnik agrarnogo universiteta, 2018, no. 1 (202; 1348).
- Prikaz Novosibirskogo SKhI # 17 ot 24.01. 1939g. [Order of Novosibirsk Agricultural Institute No. 17 of 24.01. 1939]. NSAU Archive.
- Prikaz Novosibirskogo SKhI # 56 ot 6.03. 1941g. [Order of Novosibirsk Agricultural Institute No. 56 of 6.03. 1941]. NSAU Archive.
- Prikaz Novosibirskogo SKhI # 56 ot 30.03. 1984g. [Order of Novosibirsk Agricultural Institute No. 56 of 30.03. 1984]. NSAU Archive.