PhD, Associate Professor D.A. Cherepakhin1
Dr.Biol., Associate Professor A.A. Shchankin1
PhD G.I. Shchankina2
1Mordovian State Pedagogical Institute n.a. M.E. Evseviev, Saransk
2Mordovian State University n.a. N.P. Ogarev, Saransk
Objective of the study was to analyze correlations of the female students’ anthropometrical characteristics with the muscular system functionality rates. Subject to the study were female students of M.Y. Evseviev Mordovian State Pedagogical University, residents of the Mordovia Republic. The anthropometrical data obtained in the study included foot length, body length, body mass, and wrist strength indices. The students’ trochanter indices were computed to classify them by the evolutionary types of constitutions. The students were classified with the evolutionary somatotype by their anthropometrical characteristics, with the latter found correlated with the wrist dynamometric rates. The study findings give the grounds to recommend the female students’ individual adaptabilities to muscular activity to be taken into account in the academic physical education process.
Keywords: anthropometrical characteristics, wrist dynamometry, wrist strength.
- Ambartsumyan R.A., Kolokoltsev M.M. Fizicheskoe razvitie inostrannykh studentov, obuchayuschikhsya v tekhnicheskom vuze Pribaykalya [Physical development of foreign students studying in technical university of Baikal region]. Vestnik Irkutskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta, 2013, no. 2 (73), pp. 216-220.
- Vasilchenko G.S., Agarkova S.G, Agarkov S.G. et al. Seksopatologiya. Spravochnik [Sexopathology. Reference book]. Moscow: Meditsina publ., 1990, 576 p.
- Dvorkin L.S., Slobodyan A.P. Tyazhelaya atletika. Uchebnik dlya vuzov [Weightlifting. Textbook for universities]. Moscow: Sovetskiy sport publ., 2005, 600 p.
- Yelizarova E.S., Osipov D.P., Klimova S.I. et al. Konstitutsionalnyie osobennosti yunoshey i devushek goroda Rostova-na-Donu [Constitutional features of young men and girls of Rostov-on-Don]. Sovremennye problemy nauki i obrazovaniya, 2014, no. 5, P. 531.
- Zyankin A.N. Sila: ee razvitie i dinamika u studencheskoy molodezhi v period obucheniya v vuze [Strength: its development and dynamics among students during academic studies]. Fizicheskoe vospitanie studentov, 2011, no. 2, pp 44-46.
- Kozlova O.A. Differentsialnaya metodika fizicheskogo vospitaniya studentok s uchetom ikh nozologii i psikhofizicheskogo sostoyaniya [Differential methods of physical education of female students based on their nosology and psychophysical state]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury, 2010, no. 9, P. 69.
- Sergienko V.N. Kompleksnaya otsenka razvitiya silovyih sposobnostey studentov vyisshih uchebnyih zavedeniy . Fizicheskoe vospitanie studentov, 2013, no. 5, pp. 83-87.
- Cherepakhin D.A., Shchankin A.A., Kosheleva O.A. Korrektsiya narusheniy oporno-dvigatelnogo apparata u devushek v vozraste 18 let s disevolyutivnyim i patologicheskim somatotipami sredstvami atleticheskoy gimnastiki [Correction of musculoskeletal disorders of females at the age of 18 with disevolutionary and pathological somatotypes by means of fitness]. Fundamentalnye issledovaniya, 2011, no. 11, pp. 420-423.
- Shtefko V.G., Ostrovskiy A.D. Skhemy klinicheskoy diagnostiki konstitutsionalnykh tipov [Schemes of clinical diagnosis of constitutional types]. Moscow: Biomedgiz publ., 1929, 79 p.