Dr.Hab., Professor S.S. Korovin
Orenburg State Pedagogical University, Orenburg
Keywords: theory, methodology, vocational physical education, design, professional personality.
Background. Presently there is a social and individual need to have the existing physical education models integrated into a consistent inductive-deductive vocational physical education theory (VPET) based on the relevant cultural and educational paradigm with the modern VPET values being effectively applied to form and develop a professional specialist.
Objective of the study was to provide theoretical grounds for the modern vocational physical education theory (VPET) in the context of the relevant cultural and educational concepts.
Study results and discussion. Culture as a subject field for a human activity and a social development factor may be interpreted as the cultured and professional specialist development tool applicable for success of the specialist socialization and professional service; and a modeling basis for a variety of systems and functions, including the most important educational function, with the relevant cultural values being mobilized to satisfy a variety of individual needs and develop different individual abilities.
Such an interpretation of modern culture provides (1) the reflection of the cultural approach commonly accepted by the educational communities and system; and (2) the basis for design of the educational systems for the focused mobilization of the modern cultural values on the whole to support the personality development and formation process to secure due competency for the specific vocational educational and professional career.
Methodological grounds for the inductive-deductive VPET are provided by the cultural and educational values-mobilizing paradigm. In this context we should highlight the key contradiction between the modern culture and education being acknowledged as the key method to develop a cultured personality and professional human resource on the whole – and the lack of sound theoretical and practical grounds for the cultural and educational values-mobilizing paradigm to effectively apply the modern vocational physical education model for success of the general social and vocational activity.
It is not improbable that the best solution for the above mission may be offered by a modern inductive-deductive VPET as a supreme design form for the existing knowledgebase providing an integrated understanding of the logics and the most important correlations in the subject field; and reflecting a certain hierarchy of the structural elements with their descriptions. These key structural elements may be listed as follows:
1. Basic design of the VPET including: the key notions and definitions (practical characteristics) for its subject, object, purpose and missions; definitions and interpretations for the structural components of the VPET; system of general cultural, specific and internal functions; system of the VPET design concepts and logics; and specifications of VPET values, procedures and deliverables.
2. Knowledgebase system (with its relevant knowledge fields) applied to study and design the modern VPET in its interrelations and connections with the adjacent knowledge fields, and to explore the VPET values, its regulatory foundations and content.
3. Different (in their essences and key priorities) VPET models (with the relevant procedures, structures and functions with reference to the key structural elements of VPET; grounds for the VPET design, priorities and content geared to satisfy the individual and social needs for specialists; elements to form and develop key physical abilities and personality qualities as required by the valid educational and professional service standards – classified into general secondary, vocational and higher education standards for the procedural component of the VPET design.
4. Didactic and programmatic tools and content as required by the relevant legal and regulatory provisions to secure the VPET implementation process; with the relevant educational requirements to facilitate VPET concepts, tools, methods and institutional models being implemented at every stage of the permanent educational system.
5. VPET deliverables with their models and content i.e. the professional physical education standards with their components, definitions of structural elements and progress rating criteria; and the VPET values mobilized to form and develop a professional specialist within the modern physical education domain.
Conclusion. The efforts to advance the modern vocational physical education theory (VPET) generally help expand the existing knowledgebase of the modern physical education toolkit applicable for success of the specialist social and professional activity; and make it possible to define and put together the relevant methodological, technological and application provisions for the focused use of VPET to secure fast progress of the social and individual mentality in the professional service and physical education domains.
- Bibler V.S. Ot naukoucheniya – k logike kultury: dva filosofskikh vvedeniya v XXI veke [From epistemology to logic of culture: two philosophical introductions in the XXI century]. Moscow: Nauka publ., 1991, 384 p.
- Gritsanov A.A. [ed.] Vsemirnaya entsiklopediya: Filosofiya [World Encyclopedia: Philosophy]. Moscow: AST publ., Mn.: Harvest, Sovremenny literator publ., 2001, 1312 p.
- Gessen S.I. Osnovy pedagogiki. Vvedenie v prikladnuyu filosofiyu [Fundamentals of pedagogics. Introduction to Applied Philosophy]. Moscow: Shkola-press publ., 1995, 394 p.
- Zlobin N.S. Kultura i obschestvenny progress [Culture and social progress]. Moscow: Nauka publ., 1998, 303 p.
- Ilyinich V.I. Professionalno-prikladnaya fizicheskaya podgotovka studentov vuzov [Applied professional physical training of university students]. Moscow: Vysshaya shkola publ., 1978, 144 p.
- Kagan M.S. Filosofiya kultury [Philosophy of Culture]. St. Petersburg: Lan publ., 1996, 253 p.
- Kagan M.S. Filosofskaya teoriya tsennosti [Philosophical theory of value]. St. Petersburg: Petropolis publ., 1997, 205 p.
- Korovin S.S., Kabachkov V.A. Professionalnaya fizicheskaya kultura i formirovanie lichnosti [Professional physical culture and personality formation]. Orenburg: OSPU publ., 1998, 259 p.
- Matveyev L.P. Teoriya i metodika fizicheskoy kultury [Theory and Methods of Physical Education]. Moscow: Fizkultura i sport publ., 1991, 543 p.
Corresponding author: email@example.com
The ongoing continuous educational system reform is geared to respond one of the most important social demands for the high-quality education focused on generation of professional and cultured human resource at every ontogenesis stage with the relevant positive social and personality changes. This ambitious goal requires every socio-cultural value, including the physical values, being mobilized to support the educational process. Efficient and focused policies to mobilize the physical values shall be driven by a modern vocational physical education theory (VPET) with the following components/ elements: key terms and definitions for the VPET covering every its design element and function; methodological basics and concepts; values, procedures and deliverables; associating research knowledge/ fields; VPET models (varied in the procedures, designs and functions) for different classes of trainees; didactic, programmatic and practical provisions for the training process within the relevant legal and regulatory framework; VPET models for the deliverables, with the relevant design and content.