PhD, Associate Professor M.P. Bondarenko1
Dr.Hab., Professor V.Yu. Karpov2
Dr.Hab., Professor Yu.A. Zubarev1
Dr.Med., Professor V.S. Sokolova3
1Volgograd State Academy of Physical Culture, Volgograd
2Russian State Social University, Moscow
3Moscow State Pedagogical University, Moscow
Professional coaching service in any sport discipline is rather specific in at least one critical aspect that makes it so different from any other specialty. The thing is that the coaches’ performance ratings are heavily dependent on the practical competitive accomplishments of their trainees and, hence, permanent stresses, pressures and emotions are rather typical for the modern coaching service. Objective of the study was to analyze and classify the stressors in a swimming coach’s service, with coaches from Volgograd and Moscow cities and the Moscow Oblast being sampled for the study. The sample was split up into the age- and experience-specific groups. Based on the study data, the psychological conditions faced by the coaches were grouped into a few categories including the startup fever, startup apathy, fitness for the fight, far from home, communication, ups and downs, and image making. The study data and analyses contribute to the ongoing research project designed to offer the relevant classification tables for the coaching service stressors; followed by practical recommendations on how the stressors may be mitigated and stress tolerance may be improved in the practical sport careers of athletes and their coaches.
Keywords: professional performance, coach, competitive result, athlete, stresses.
- Bondarenko M.P. Metodika otsenki kompetentnosti sportivnykh trenerov [Method for assessing competency of sports coaches]. Uroven zhizni naseleniya regionov Rossii, 2013, no. 3 (181), pp. 90-92.
- Bondarenko M.P. Proizvoditelnost sportivnogo truda v sovremennykh usloviyakh [Athletic performance in modern conditions]. Fundamentalnye issledovaniya, 2014, no. 9, pp. 2258-2264.
- Kalinin A.D., Karpov V.Yu. Opredelenie kriteriev otsenki psikhologo-pedagogicheskoy deyatelnosti trenera po morskomu mnogoboryu [Criteria for assessing psychological and pedagogical activity of maritime all-around coach]. Izvestiya Sochinskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta, 2012, no. 3, pp. 137-143.
- Stepanova O.N., Bernina Yu.S. Vedushchie trudnosti professionalnoy deyatelnosti trenerov po lyzhnym gonkam [Main difficulties of professional activity of coaches in cross country skiing]. Nauka i shkola, 2013, no. 2, pp. 136-139.
- Stepanova O.N., Makhov A.S., Latushkina E.N. et al. Upravlencheskaya deyatelnost trenera: vidy, obyekty, kriterii effektivnosti . Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury, 2016, no. 3, pp. 66-68.
- Bondarenko M.P. Assessment of the motivation factors for professional sport activity. Middle-East Journal of Scientific Research, 2013, vol. 14 (9), pp. 1221–1225 [Electronic resource]. Available at: http://www.idosi.org/mejsr/mejsr14(9)13/16.pdf (date of access: 12.12.2017).