PhD, Associate Professor V.I. Kuzmenko1
PhD, Associate Professor D.A. Musabirova2
PhD, Associate Professor S.Kh. Mukhametgaliyeva1
Dr.Sc.Tech., Professor B.G. Ziganshin3
1Elabuga Institute of Kazan Federal University, Elabuga
2Naberezhnye Chelny Institute of Kazan Federal University, Naberezhnye Chelny
3Kazan State Agrarian University, Kazan
The study considers a few problems with concern to the professional athletes’ health and life protection particularly upon their retirement from professional sports. It is important to clearly specify and analyze the key problems of the health services to the former professional athletes viewed as the specific patients’ group, with such analyses being critical for bridging the gaps in the relevant legal provisions and law application practices to secure the valid legislation being applied on the most efficient basis with the lawful interests of every professional sport actor being respected on a balanced basis. Objective of the study was to analyze the theoretical and legal provisions and practices in the sport medical service system in application to professional athletes. The practical study methods were dominated by the general theoretical (didactic) cognition method, comparative and logical structure analyses, plus analyses of the theoretical and practical studies in the subject field to secure the athletes’ rights protection in the medical service system.
Keywords: professional sports, sport medicine, athletes’ health and life.
- Gibadullina L.T. Patsient kak slabaya storona v obyazatelstvakh po okazaniyu meditsinskikh uslug [Patient as weakness in provision of medical services]. Meditsinskoe pravo, no. 3, pp. 19-24.
- Ivanov V.D., Orekhova A.A., Rakitin M.M. Sportivnoe pravo: ponyatie, predmet, istochniki, problemy i perspektivy razvitiya [Sport law: concept, subject, sources, problems and development prospects]. Obrazovanie i nauka v sovremennykh usloviyakh, 2016, no. 4 (9), pp. 257-261.
- Lubysheva L.I. Sovremenny sport: problemy i resheniya [Modern sport: problems and solutions]. Chelovek. Sport. Meditsina, 2014, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 12-14.
- Prikaz Mintruda Rossii ot 7 aprelya 2014 g. no. 186n «Ob utverzhdenii professionalnogo standarta «Sportsmen» (red. ot 12.12.2016) [Order of the Ministry of Labour Russia April 7, 2014 no. 186n "On approval of professional standard 'Athlete' (as am. 12.12.2016)]. Byulleten normativnykh aktov federalnykh organov ispolnitelnoy vlasti [Bulletin of normative acts of federal executive bodies], 2014, no.32.
- Proekt Prikaza Mintruda Rossii «Ob utverzhdenii professionalnogo standarta «Sportivny vrach» [Draft Order of the Ministry of Labour Russia "On approval of professional standard 'Sports Doctor']. SPS «ConsultantPlus».
- Trudovoy kodeks RF ot 30 dekabrya 2001 g. no. 197-FZ (red. ot 29.07.2017) [The Labour Code of the Russian Federation December 30, 2001 no. 197-FL (as am. July 29, 2017)]. Sobranie zakonodatelstva RF [Legislative Acts of the Russian Federation], 2002, no. 1 (p. 1), art. 3.
- Ugolovny kodeks RF ot 13 iyunya 1996 g. no. 63-FZ (red. ot 29.07.2017) [The Criminal Code of the Russian Federation June 13, 1996 no. 63-FZ (as am. July 29, 2017)]. Sobranie zakonodatelstva RF [Legislative Acts of the Russian Federation], 1996, no. 25 art. 2954.
- Frenkel D. Sports medicine and the law. Medicine and law. 2002, vol. 21(1), pp.201-204.
- Koller D. Team Physicians, Sports Medicine, and the Law: An Update: An Update. Clinics in Sports Medicine. 2016, vol. 35(2), pp. 245-255.
- Steve P. Health law symposium: sports medicine conflicts: team physicians vs. Athlete-patients. St. Louis L.J. 2005, vol. 50, pp. 185-1361.