Dr.Hab., Associate Professor E.A. Cherepov1
PhD, Associate Professor G.K. Kalugina1
1South Ural State University (National Research University), Chelyabinsk
The study analyzes problems of the first-year students’ computer addiction based on the addiction screening tests of the 16-18 year-old college students (n=80) majoring in the Physical Education, Adaptive Physical Education and Tourism disciplines; and considers the negative effects of the computer addiction on the students’ physical and mental health. Based on the study data and analyses, we offered a set of informational and employment technologies designed to prevent/ mitigate the computer addiction in the early stages. The applied information technologies were geared to improve the young people’s competency in a few specific aspects including the interpersonal communication culture, communication technology, stress coping methods and solutions for the addictive behaviour related problems. The applied employment technologies were intended to offer them club/ group sports services (twice a week), reduce the leisure time and offer the time- and attention-intensive practices, including a range of extreme and shooting sport practices. The new education model was found beneficial as verified by the tested reduction of the computer addiction and improvement of the physical fitness rates in the sample.
Keywords: computer addiction, screening tests of computer addiction, college students.
- Volkova E.N., Grishina A.V. Struktura subjektnosti mladshikh podrostkov s raznyim urovnem igrovoy kompyuternoy zavisimosti [Structure of subjectivity of preteens with different levels of computer game addiction]. Psihologicheskiy zhurnal, 2015, vol. 36, no. 2, pp. 20-31.
- Voronov D.I. Kompyuternaya zavisimost i sotsialno-psihologicheskie zakonomernosti ee proyavleniya [Computer addiction and socio-psychological patterns of its manifestation]. Vestnik Cherepovetskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta, 2013, vol. 2, no. 3 (50), pp. 167-171.
- Soldatkin V.A., Dyachenko A.V., Mavani D.Ch. Kontseptsii formirovaniya kompyuternoy zavisimosti [Concepts of formation of computer addiction]. Sotsialnaya i klinicheskaya psikhiatriya, 2013, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 104-110.
- Syropyatov O.G., Dzeruzhinskaya N.A., [Bukhanovsky A.O.] Psikhoterapiya: teoriya i praktika. Ucheb. posobie [Psychotherapy: theory and practice. Study guide]. Rostov-on-D.: Feniks pupl., 2012, 445 p.
- Fadeeva S.V. Psikhologo-pedagogicheskie aspekty kompyuternoy zavisimosti podrostkov [Psychological and pedagogical aspects of computer addiction among adolescents]. Vospitanie shkolnikov, 2009, no. 10, pp. 23-25.
- Cherepov E.A. Metapredmetnaya paradigma zdorovyeformiruyuschego obrazovatelnogo prostranstva sovremennoy obscheobrazovatelnoy organizatsii [Meta-Subject paradigm of health-forming education space in modern comprehensive educational institution]. Vestnik YuUrGU. Seriya: «Obrazovanie, zdravookhranenie, fizicheskaya kultura, 2015, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 5-13.
- Shmelev A.G. Kompyuternoe testirovanie znaniy u studentov-psikhologov [Computer testing for students-psychologists]. Vestnik Moskovskogo universiteta. Ser. 14: «Psikhologiya», 2003, no. 1, pp. 35-48.
- Yuryeva L.N., Bolbot T.Yu. Kompyuternaya zavisimost: formirovanie, diagnostika, korrektsiya i profilaktika [Computer addiction: building, diagnostics, correction and prevention]. Dnepropetrovsk: Porogi, 2006, 196 p.
- Orzack M.H. How to recognize and treat computer.com addiction. Clin. Counseling Psychol., 1999, vol. 9, pp. 124-130.