PhD, Associate Professor T.V. Koltoshova1
1Omsk State Technical University, Omsk
The study considers a musculoskeletal system health protection strategy in academic physical education, with a special attention to the students’ exposure to the spinal disorders and diseases. The study offers a musculoskeletal system health protection strategy applicable in the academic physical education based on the kinesiological approach. It is one of the main development trends of the modern education environment that the education is driven by the values system to help harmonize the internal world with the educational environment and develop a complex multilevel hierarchical system of values facilitating the cognitive process. It should be noted that the health resource in a personality development process shall not only be protected and accumulated but also designed and restructured in one or another way. This is the reason why due efforts need to be taken in the educational process to prevent the potential detriment to the resource building, with health related values and the relevant responsibilities being viewed as one of the key goals of the modern educational system. This goal is attained by the primary and secondary disease prevention systems in the academic educational process designed to secure high quality education and career success.
Keywords: disease prevention, spinal column disorders, physical education, students.
- Vasilyeva L.F. Neyrofiziologicheskoe obosnovanie formirovaniya bolevykh sindromov, provotsiruyuschikh dinamikoy [Neurophysiological substantiation of formation of pain syndromes provoked by dynamics]. Prikladnaya kineziologiya, 2004, no. 2, pp. 16-18.
- Zagrevskaya A.I., Lubysheva L.I. Kineziologicheskiy podkhod kak metodologiya sportizatsii fizicheskogo vospitaniya v sisteme obrazovaniya [Ontokinesiological approach for sportization of physical education within national education system]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury, 2017, no. 6, pp. 6-8.
- Putilina M.V. Osobennosti diagnostiki i lecheniya dorsopatiy v nevrologicheskoy praktike [Dorsopathies in neurological practice: diagnostics and treatment]. Consilium medicum, 2006, vol. 8, no. 8, pp. 44-48.
- Yushchuk N.D., Maev I.V., Gurevich K.G. Zdorovy obraz zhizni i profilaktika zabolevaniy [Healthy lifestyle and disease prevention]. Moscow: Pero publ., 2012, 659 p.
- Frank A.O., De Souza L.H. Conservative management of low back pain. Int. J. Clin. Pract. 2001, vol. 55 (1), pp. 21-31.
- Vos T., Barber M., Bell B. et al. Global, regional, and national incidence, prevalence, and years lived with disability for 301 acute and chronic diseases and injuries in 188 countries, 1990–2013: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2013. Global Burden of Disease Study 2013 Collaborators. Lancet. 2015;386 (9995): 743–800.