PhD A.N. Korzhenevsky2
Dr.Hab., Professor Kh.A. Tonoyan3
1Moscow Institute of Radioelectronics and Automation, Moscow
2National Research Institute of Physical Culture and Sports, Moscow
3Moscow University of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russian Federation named after V.YA. Kikot , Moscow
Objective of the study was to rate the pre-season and regular season process effects on the elite junior wrestlers’ functionality. Subject to the study were elite junior (16-17 year old) Greco-Roman wrestlers qualified Candidate Masters of Sport and Masters of Sport. The study data and analyses showed the 16-17 year old wrestlers being particularly sensitive to the competitive stresses as verified by the drastic falls in their functionality resource and physical working capacity. The functional fitness of the elite junior wrestlers shall be tested on a regular basis to respond the age-specific regresses by the timely corrective actions. Special priority shall be given to the efforts to prevent the junior wrestlers’ burnouts as a result of the most stressful competitions; with special transitional/ rehabilitation periods taking 8-10 days to help them at least reach the primary working capacity levels or, ideally, make progress in the strength endurance and the CNS and NMS functionality.
Keywords: working capacity, Greco-Roman wrestling, cardiovascular system, competitive performance, physical rehabilitation, central nervous system.
- Korzhenevskiy A.N., Dakhnovskiy V.S., Podlivaev B.A. Diagnostika trenirovannosti bortsov [Diagnostics of wrestlers' fitness]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury, 2004, no. 2, pp. 28-32.
- Motylyanskaya R.E. Rol mediko-biologicheskikh issledovaniy po upravleniyu trenirovochnym protsessom yunykh sportsmenov [The role of biomedical research in management of training process in youth sports]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury, 1978, no. 6, pp. 29-31.
- Nabatnikova M.Ya. Osnovy upravleniya podgotovkoy yunykh sportsmenov [Basics of training process management in youth sports]. Moscow: Fizkultura i sport publ., 1982, 280 p.
- Novikov A.A., Akopyan A.O., Sapunov G.A. Upravlenie podgotovkoy vysokokvalifitsirovannykh sportsmenov v vidakh edinoborstv. Metod. rekom. Goskomsport SSSR [Training process management in elite martial arts. Method. rec. State Committee for Sports of the USSR]. Moscow, 1986, 43 p.
- Filin V.P., Fomin N.A. Osnovy yunosheskogo sporta [Fundamentals of youth sports]. Moscow: Fizkultura i sport publ., 1980, 255 p.
- Chekirda I.F., Korzhenevskiy A.N. Kompleksny metod operativnoy otsenki regulyatsii dvigatelnoy sfery i statokineticheskoy ustoychivosti sportsmenov na primerakh yunosheskikh, yuniorskikh i molodezhnykh sbornykh Rossii v razlichnykh vidakh sporta: Nauchno-metodicheskoe FGO 'Gosudarstvennaya shkola vysshego sportivnogo masterstva. Tsentr podgotovki sbornykh yunosheskikh, yuniorskikh i molodezhnykh komand Rossii' [Comprehensive method for rapid assessment of regulation of athletes' motor sphere and statokinetic stability (case study of youth national teams of Russia in various sports: Scientific and methodological FSE "State School of Higher Sports Skills. Center for training of youth teams of Russia']. Moscow, 2007, 22 p.