PhD, Associate Professor D.A. Ulyanov1
Dr.Hab., Professor T.G. Kovalenko1
1Volgograd State University, Volgograd
The study considers in general outlines the academic badminton team training process management model with the relevant special practices and theoretical education module, with the model tested on the Volgograd State University (VSU) picked team. Subject to the study were Volgograd State University picked badminton team players (n=30) with totally academic sport careers (i.e. with no pre-academic sport experience) split up into Experimental Group (EG, n=15) and Reference Group (RG, n=15). The study was performed at the VSU sport complex in September through May of 2014-2016 academic years. The training process included progress tests and was designed in three stages. Stage 1 was designed to obtain the individual general physical fitness, speed, flexibility, strength and endurance rates and assess the technical and tactical skills and mental fitness. Stage 2 was designed to process the data on the training loads versus the competitive process requirements. And at Stage 3 the training system was designed.
The training process management model was proved beneficial as verified by the EG versus RG progress in the physicality, tactical and mental fitness rates and the competitive accomplishments (a few prizes won) in the academic badminton competitions in Volgograd. The study data give the grounds to conclude that modern badminton is the varied-intensity (low, moderate and high) sport discipline highly beneficial for the physical progress and general endurance development in academic sports.
Keywords: badminton, micro-cycle, picked team, training process, physical fitness.
- Ilkevich K.B., Panin M.Yu. Razvitie fizicheskikh kachestv studentov-badmintonistov [Development of physical qualities of students who play badminton]. Mater. nauch.-prakt. konf. ‘Molodezh Rossii v usloviyakh preodoleniya posledstviy globalnogo krizisa' [Proc. res.-practical conf. 'Russian youth in context of overcoming the consequences of the global crisis']. Lyubertsy, 2010, pp. 22-29.
- Kovalenko T.G., Gladkova T.V. Metodika sovershenstvovaniya igry v badminton. Ucheb. posobie [Badminton playing technique excelling methods. Study guide]. Volgograd: VolSU publ., 2006, 72 p.
- Kovalenko T.G. Model zdorovya cheloveka v fizicheskom vospitanii [Human health model in physical education]. Volgograd: VolSU publ., 2005, 278 p.
- Lepeshkin V.A. Badminton dlya vsekh [Mass Badminton]. Rostov-on-Don: Feniks publ., 2007, 109 p.
- Ozolin N.G. Nastolnaya kniga trenera [Coach's Handbook]. Moscow: Astrel publ., 2000, 850 p.
- Turmanidze V.G. Badminton na etape nachalnoy podgotovki v vuzakh. Ucheb. posobie [Badminton at initial training stage in universities. Study guide]. Omsk: OSU publ., 2008, 70 p.
- Ukolov M.V. Sportivny badminton v zanyatiyakh po fizicheskomu vospitaniyu. Ucheb. posobie [Competitive badminton in physical education classes. Study guide]. Volgograd: VolSMU publ., 2010, 128 p.
- Ulyanov D.A. Individualizatsiya fizicheskogo vospitaniya studentov spetsialnogo meditsinskogo otdeleniya dlya povysheniya effektivnosti uchebnogo protsessa [Individualization of physical education of special medical department students to increase efficiency of educational process]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury, 2016, no. 6, pp. 27-29.
- Shklyarenko A.P., Kovalenko T.G., Ulyanov D.A. Pedagogicheskie osnovy fizkulturnoy deyatelnosti studentov. Ucheb. posobie [Educational basics of physical education activity of students. Study guide]. Volgograd: VolSU publ., 2015, 196 p.
- Shklyarenko A.P., Kovalenko T.G., Ulyanov D.A. Aktualnye voprosy teorii ozdorovitelnoy fizicheskoy kultury. Ucheb. metod. posobie [Topical issues of theory of recreational physical training. Teaching aid]. Volgograd: VolSU publ., 2016, 43 p.
- Shklyarenko A.P., Ulyanov D.A., Kovalenko T.G. Teoreticheskie i ozdorovitelnye osnovy v fizicheskoy podgotovke studentov. Ucheb. Posobie [Theoretical and health basics in students' physical training. Study guide]. Volgograd, 2017, 408 p.