Postgraduate V.N. Alekseev1, 2
PhD, Associate Professor E.G. Vinokurov2
1Churapcha State Institute of Physical Culture and Sports, Churapcha village, the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia)
2Smolensk State Academy of Physical Culture, Sports and Tourism, Smolensk
Indigenous people of the Far North have always appreciated a wide range of their national traditional games that require high dexterity, speed, strength and endurance for success, with the ethnic games and sports ranked among the core values and constituents of the national cultures, histories and philosophies. They are believed to provide the ample means for every dream come true in the individual perfection agenda as they cultivate and advance courage, agility, speed, intellect and spirit.
It is very traditional for the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia) people to consider the national sports and games an indispensable and natural part of their lifestyles. They have always been a part of culture and ethnic traditions including the specific physical education traditions of the Republican population as they once emerged and progressed to respond the everyday needs and challenges and have always been influenced by the local natural, geographic, economic and ethnic factors. The original national sport disciplines still play an important role in the physical progress, health improvement, body development and competitive processes and events geared to advance and test a variety of special motor qualities, skills and abilities to contribute to the flow of national culture and traditions. The national sports offer an extensive educational resource for the individual health improvement including the physical, mental and aesthetical progress.
Keywords: national sports, culture, spirituality, education.
- Adamova L.K. Sotsialno-pedagogicheskie determinanty razvitiya natsionalnykh vidov sporta [Socio-pedagogical determinants of development of national sports]. Mater. regionalnoy nauch.-prakt. konf., posvyaschennoy 90-letiyu razvitiya fizicheskoy kultury i sporta v Rossiyskoy Federatsii 'Sostoyanie, opyt i perspektivyi razvitiya fizkulturnogo dvizheniya Yakutii' [Proc. regional res.-pract. conf., dedicated to the 90th anniversary of development of physical culture and sports in the Russian Federation 'Status, experience and prospects for development of the physical culture movement of Yakutia']. Yakutsk, December 18 2013.
- Berdyaev N.A. O naznachenii cheloveka [The Destiny of Man]. Moscow, 2012.
- Burtsev A.A., Maksimova P.V. Na krylatom kone [On a winged horse]. Yakutsk, 1995.
- Kulakovskiy A.E. Yakutskoy intelligentsii [Yakut intelligence]. Novosibirsk, 2012.
- Mikhailov V.D. Filosofiya soglasiya [Philosophy of Consent]. Moscow, 1995.
- Mordinov A.E. Yakutiya v Velikoy Otechestvennoy voyne Sovetskogo Soyuza [Yakutia in the Great Patriotic War of the Soviet Union]. Selected works in 2 vol. Yakutsk, 2009. Vol. 1.
- Novikov A.G. Tolerantnost [Tolerance]. Yakutsk, 1994.
- Seroshevskiy V.L. Yakuty: Opyt etnograficheskogo issledovaniya [Yakuts: experience of ethnographic research]. St. Petersburg, 1896, vol.1.
- Utkin K.D. Kultura naroda sakha [Culture of Sakha people]. Yakutsk, 1998.
- Filosofskiy slovar [Philosophical dictionary]. Rostov-on-Don, 2013.
- Shamaev N.K. Nravstvennoe razvitie shkolnikov v protsesse traditsionnogo fizicheskogo vospitaniya [Moral development of schoolchildren in traditional physical education process]. Moscow, 2000.