Effect of academic sports clubbing activity on university graduates' competitiveness
PhD, Associate Professor N.V. Peshkova
Surgut State University, Surgut
The study considers some issues of the academic sports self-management process and its potential contributions to competitiveness of the university graduates. It should be mentioned that academic sport clubs have been in progress since 2013 when the Student Sport Clubs Association of Russia was established as a national public organization. The study proceeded from the assumption that the academic sport club activity should facilitate the personality progress of future graduates; develop their creative resource, self-reliance, responsibility, teamwork spirit and abilities; and these credentials should later on facilitate their socializing process and careers. A questionnaire survey of the first-to-fifth year Surgut State University students, however, showed the students being largely inactive in the management skills building domain. We believe that the situation is due to the still low awareness and competency of the students in the management issues and, hence, their uncertainty as to the benefits of the management qualities. The study data shows the need for a higher priority being given to integration of efforts of the academic sport management entities including physical education departments and academic sport clubs to design and implement the relevant promotion and public awareness initiatives and events.
Keywords: academic sports, competitiveness, students, academic sport clubs.
- Alekseev S.V., Gostev R.G., Kuramshin Yu.F. et al Fizicheskaya kultura i sport v Rossiyskoy Federatsii: novye vyzovy sovremennosti [Physical Culture and Sport in the Russian Federation: New Challenges of Today]. Moscow : Teoriya i praktika fizicheskoy kultury i sporta publ., 2013, 780 p.
- Angelovskiy A.A. Formirovanie konkurentosposobnosti studentov v protsesse professionalnoy podgotovki v vuze. Dis. kand. ped. nauk [Student's competitiveness building process in academic vocational training. PhD diss.]. Magnitogorsk, 2004, 193 [.
- Astapenko E.V. Pedagogicheskoe obespechenie formirovaniya konkurentosposobnosti lichnosti studenta v obrazovatelnom protsesse vuza. Avtoref. dis. kand. ped nauk [Pedagogical support of student's competitiveness building process during university studies. PhD diss. abstract]. Krasnoyarsk, 2008, 25 p.
- Galkin S.V. Metodika sportivno-patrioticheskogo vospitaniya uchaschikhsya detsko-yunosheskikh sportivnykh shkol. Avtoref. dis. kand. ped. nauk [Technology of sports-patriotic education for children and youth sports schools. PhD diss. abstract]. Volgograd, 2005, 28 p.
- Konoplyanskiy D.A. Pedagogicheskaya strategiya formirovaniya konkurentosposobnosti vypusknika vuza. Avtoref. dis. dokt. ped. nauk [Educational competitiveness building strategy for university graduates. Doct. diss. abstract (Hab.)]. Kemerovo, 2017, 39 p.
- Kontseptsiya razvitiya studencheskogo sporta v Rossiyskoy Federatsii na period do 2015 goda (utv. prikazom Minsporta Rossii ot 21.11.2017 g., no 1007) [The concept of the development of university sports in the Russian Federation for the period until 2015 (approved by the order of the Ministry of Sport of Russia dated November 21, 2017, no 1007).].
- Peshkova N.V., Kosenok S.M. Polisub'ektnoe upravlenie razvitiem massovogo studencheskogo sporta v vuze [Mass university sports development projects: multilateral management model ]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury, 2017, no. 5, pp. 83-85.
- Tuguz F.K., Lyausheva S.A. Eticheskiy kodeks universiteta kak resurs sotsializatsii studentov [Ethical code of the university as a resource of socialization of students]. Vestnik Adygeyskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Ser. 1 «Regionovedenie: filosofiya, istoriya, sotsiologiya, yurisprudentsiya, politologiya, kulturologiya», 2013, no. 4(130), pp. 164-173.