Anabolic indices in junior athletes versus their fitness rates in post-training rehabilitation periods
Postgraduate P.N. Samikulin1
Dr.Biol., Associate Professor A.V. Gryaznykh1
PhD, Associate Professor R.V. Kuchin2
1Kurgan State University, Kurgan
2Yugra State University, Khanty-Mansiysk
Objective of the study was to rate the hormonal transformations and their correlations in junior athletes versus their physical activity and muscular workloads in the rehabilitation periods. Serum concentrations of testosterone and cortisol were tested versus the background values straight after and one hour after the workloads in the rehabilitation process, with the anabolic indices being calculated. Intensive physical loads were secured by 30/60min cycle ergometer practices rated by 2W/ kg of body mass, with the cycling intensity of 60 revolutions per min. Subject to the study were 17-23 year-old athletes (n=52) grouped by the primary fitness and workload rates. The study found correlation of the metabolic index with the muscular workload with background cortisol levels. Normally the index was found to fall after the cycle ergometer test and grow in case of fatigue and/or overtraining.
Keywords: cortisol, testosterone, anabolic index, overtraining, endocrine regulation, rehabilitation, athletes.
- Afanasyeva I.A., Taymazov V.A. Zabolevaemost sportsmenov na raznyih etapakh trenirovochnogo tsikla i ee svyaz s biokhimicheskimi i gormonalnymi markerami peretrenirovannosti [Athlete's morbidity at different stages of training cycle and its relation to biochemical and hormonal overtraining markers]. Uchenye zapiski un-ta im. P.F. Lesgafta, 2011, no. 11 (81), pp. 12-18.
- Afanasyeva I.A. Zavisimost fagotsitarnoy aktivnosti leykotsitov ot urovnya kortizola u sportsmenov pri intensivnykh fizicheskikh nagruzkakh [Dependence of leukocyte phagocytic activity of cortisol in athletes during exercise]. Uchenye zapiski un-ta im. P.F. Lesgafta, 2011, # 8 (78), pp. 19-23.
- Vinnichuk Yu.D., Gunina L.M. Prediktory i markery funktsionalnogo sostoyaniya sportsmenov pri trenirovkah v srednegore [Predictors and markers of athlete's functional Condition' during Attitude Training]. Zdorovye dlya vsekh, 2014, no. 2, pp. 3-9.
- Viru A.A. Funktsii kory nadpochechnikov pri myishechnoy deyatelnosti [Functions of Adrenal Cortex at Muscular Activity]. Moscow: Meditsina publ., 1977, 176 p.
- Gryaznykh A.V. Indeks testosteron/kortizol kak endokrinny marker protsessov vosstanovleniya vistseralnykh sistem posle myshechnogo napryazheniya [Testosterone/cortisol ratio as an endocrine marker of restoration processes of visceral systems after muscle work]. Chelovek. Sport. Meditsina, 2011, no. 20 (237), pp. 107-111.
- Isaev A.P., Erlikh V.V. Polifunktsionalnaya mobilnost i variabelnost organizma sportsmenov olimpiyskogo rezerva v sisteme mnogoletney podgotovki [Multifunctional mobility and variability of the body of Olympic team athletes in long-term training system]. Chelyabinsk: SUSU publ., 2010, 503 p.
- Namozova S.Sh., Baranova T.I. Dinamika kortizola v krovi basketbolistok na raznykh etapakh podgotovki [Blood cortisol dynamics in basketball players at different training stages]. Zdorovye – osnova chelovecheskogo potentsiala: problemy i puti ikh resheniya, 2012, no. 1, vol. 7, pp. 262-269.
- Pogodina S.V., Kozlova S.N., Liskonog L.V. et al. Izmeneniya soderzhaniya kortizola v organizme muzhchin razlichnogo vozrasta i urovnya trenirovannosti pri vypolnenii fizicheskoy raboty [Changes in cortisol level in men of different age and fitness levels during exercise]. Uchenye zapiski Tavricheskogo natsionalnogo un-ta im. V.I. Vernadskogo. Seriya «Biologiya, khimiya», 2014, vol. 27 (66), pp. 132-141.
- Taymazov V.A., Afanasyeva I.A. Sindrom peretrenirovannosti u sportsmenov: endogennaya intoksikatsiya i faktory vrozhdennogo immuniteta [Overtraining syndrome in athletes: endogenous intoxication and factors of innate immunity]. Sb. nauch. trudov Universiteta im. P.F. Lesgafta, 2011, vol. 12, no. 82, pp. 24–30.
- Boonen E., Stefan R., Bornstein, Greet Van den Berghe New insights into the controversy of adrenal function during critical illness. The Lancet. Diabetes and Endocrinology, vol. 3, no. 10, 2015, pp. 805-815.
- Brownlee K.K., Kaye K., Brownlee, Alex W. Moore, Anthony C. Hackney Relationship Between Circulating Cortisol and Testosterone: Influence of Physical Exercise. Journal of Sports Science and Medicine, 2005, № 04, pp. 76-83.
- Fry R.W., Morton A.R., Keast D. Overtraining in athletes. Sports Medicine, 1991, Jul, 12(1), pp. 32-65.
- Hackney A.C. Cortisol, stress and adaptation during exercise training. Education Physical Training Sport, 2008, no. 3(70), pp. 34-41.
- Urhausen A., Gabriel H., Kindermann W. Blood Hormones as Markers of Training Stress and Overtraining. Sports Medicine. October 1995, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 251-276.