Social and psychological factors of influence on athletic progress of gifted students in non-sporting academic disciplines
PhD, Associate Professor O.V. Shatunova1
PhD, Associate Professor E.E. Merzon1
1Yelabuga Institute of Kazan Federal University, Yelabuga
The study was designed to analyze the social and psychological factors of influence on athletic progress of gifted students majoring in non-sporting (unrelated directly to physical education and sports) academic disciplines. Subject to a questionnaire survey under the study were students of Yelabuga Institute of Kazan Federal University (KFU). The survey data showed the family-related and education factors being of high effect on the students’ sport motivations considered among the key indicators of the individual sport gifts. The survey showed 93.8% of the gifted respondents highly ranking contributions of their families to their sport progress; and 62.5% appreciating the coach’s contribution. Furthermore, the survey found that only 40% of the gifted students majoring in the non-sporting academic disciplines are reportedly going in for sports on a habitual basis albeit there are quite many future teachers and instructors among them who are expected to motivate their students for healthy lifestyle and thereby improve the public health standards on the whole. The study data and analyses demonstrate the need for an academic sport-facilitating environment being established at universities with due consideration for the social and psychological factors of influence on the athletic progress of both gifted and other students in the study period.
Keywords: aptitude for sports, social and psychological factors of influence on sport progress.
- Goncharuk S.V., Nikulin I.N., Streltsov V.A. et al. Sovershenstvovanie obrazovatelnogo protsessa po fizicheskoy kulture v vuze [Academic physical education process improvement model]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury, 2017, no. 6, pp. 18-20.
- Kuvanov V.A., E.N. Korostelev Zdorovy obraz zhizni studencheskoy molodezhi v aspekte sotsiologicheskogo analiza [Students' awareness of healthy lifestyles: questionnaire survey and analysis]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury, 2017, no. 5. pp. 21-22.
- Lubysheva L.I., Korostelev E.N. «Sport v moey zhizni»: tsennostnyie orientatsii studentov-sportsmenov v aspekte sotsiologicheskogo analiza ["Sport in my life": value orientations of university athletes under sociological analysis]. Fizicheskaya kultura: vospitanie, obrazovanie, trenirovka, 2016, no. 4, pp. 5-7.
- Ljdokova G.M., Volkova K.R., Pyanzin A.I. Deystviya trenera v sisteme otnosheniy «trener–sportsmen» v pauerliftinge [Coach's contribution to coach-athlete interactions in powerlifting sport]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury, 2017, no. 8, pp. 72-74.
- Marokova M.V., Ljdokova G.M., Volkova K.R., Pyanzin A.I. Sportivnaya odarennost kak psikhologicheskiy fenomen. Problema psikhologicheskogo soprovozhdeniya sportivno-odarennykh detey v usloviyakh shkolnogo obucheniya [Aptitude for sports as psychological phenomenon. The problem of psychological follow-up of sports-gifted children in school education process]. Fizicheskoe vospitanie i sportivnaya trenirovka, 2013, no. 2 (6), pp. 71-77.
- Salnikov V.A., Hozey S.P., Revenko E.M. Odarennost v sisteme sportivnogo otbora: problemy i perspektivy [Aptitude in the system of sports selection: problems and prospects]. Uchenye zapiski un-ta im. P.F. Lesgafta, 2017, no. 4 (146), pp. 194-201.
- Trafimchik Zh.I. Odarennost, talant, genialnost: vvedenie v problemu [Endowment, talent, genius: introduction to the problem]. Problemy zdorovya i ekologii, 2014, no. 2 (40), pp.140-145.