Postgraduate O.A. Ivanova1
PhD, Associate Professor Т.А. Stepanova1
1Southern Federal University, Rostov-on-Don
Subject to the yearly conscription in Russia nowadays are more than 140 thousand young people. The article analyses the integrated health rating data of the 18 year-old conscripts recruited by the Russian Ministry of Internal Affairs for the service in the Northern Caucasus District in the period of 2004 through 2016 – in order to assess their fitness for the combat missions. The health data and analysis showed physical progress of the conscripts for the study period albeit the overall physical development rates of the young men versus the service fitness standards were ranked ‘unsatisfactory’ despite the low reported sickness rates, generally adequate physiological reserves and, hence, fair serviceability of the young men. The study data is recommended to be taken into account by the relevant military personnel physical training and development program developers.
Keywords: health groups, military personnel physical training, physical development.
- Mendzheritskiy A.M., Karantysh G.V., Stepanova T.A., Dmitrienko L.M. Osobennosti posturalnogo kontrolya i sensomotornogo reagirovaniya u yunykh sportsmenov [Features of postural control and sensorimotor response in junior athletes]. Rostov-on-Don, 2016.
- Prikaz Glavnokomanduyuschego vnutrennimi voyskami MVD Rossii ot 5 oktyabrya 2012 g. no. 444 «Ob utverzhdenii Rukovodstva po meditsinskomu obespecheniyu vnutrennikh voysk MVD Rossii v mirnoe vremya» [Order of the Commander-in-Chief of Internal Troops of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia dated October 5, 2012 no. 444 "On Approval of the Manual on Medical Support of Internal Troops of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia in Peacetime".].
- Prikaz MVD RF ot 14 iyulya 2010 g. no. 523 «Ob utverzhdenii instruktsii o poryadke provedeniya voenno-vrachebnoy ekspertizy i meditsinskogo osvidetelstvovaniya v organakh vnutrennikh del Rossiyskoy Federatsii i vnutrennikh voyskakh MVD RF» [Order of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation dated July 14, 2010 no. 523 "On approval of the instruction on the procedure for conducting military medical examination and medical examination in the internal affairs bodies of the Russian Federation and internal troops of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation"].
- Stepanova T.A., Popova T.V., Pochekaeva E.I. Bezopasnost: Bezopasnost pitaniya i zdorovye naseleniya. Ucheb. Posobie [Safety: Food safety and public health. Study guide]. Rostov-on-Don, 2016.
- Stepanova T.A., Shpakova V.A. Obscherazvivayuschie uprazhneniya. Ucheb. posobie [Body conditioning exercises. Study guide]. Part 1. Rostov-on-Don, 2014.
- Stepanova T.A. Shpakova V.A. Obscherazvivayuschie uprazhneniya. Ucheb. Posobie [Body conditioning exercises. Study guide]. Part 2. Rostov-on-Don, 2015.
- 7. Ukaz Prezidenta RF ot 10.11.2007 N 1495 (red. ot 14.01.2013) «Ob utverzhdenii obschevoinskikh ustavov Vooruzhennykh Sil Rossiyskoy Federatsii» (vmeste s «Ustavom vnutrenney sluzhby Vooruzhennykh Sil Rossiyskoy Federatsii», «Distsiplinarnym ustavom Vooruzhennykh Sil Rossiyskoy Federatsii», «Ustavom garnizonnoy i karaulnoy sluzhb Vooruzhennykh Sil Rossiyskoy Federatsii») [Decree of the President of the Russian Federation dated 10.11.2007 N 1495 (Edited on 14.01.2013) "On the approval of general military manuals of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation" (together with the "Charter of Internal Service of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation", "Disciplinary Regulations of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation", " Charter of garrison and guard services of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation ")].