Dr.Hab., Professor A.I. Kravchuk1
PhD, Professor G.N. Pshenichnikova1
PhD, Associate Professor J.V. Korichko2
1Siberian State University of Physical Culture and Sports, Omsk
2Nizhnevartovsk State University, Nizhnevartovsk
The study analyses the terms and definitions related to scales and turns within the classified elements of the modern aesthetic gymnastics, with a special emphasis on the relevant terminological differences and similarities. A few examples of the same routine being differently defined and described by the rules of competitions are given in the article. Based on the analysis of the terms and definitions of scales and turns in modern aesthetic gymnastics, the authors conclude that the terminology shall be harmonized with some contradictory terms being removed from the formal terminology to secure due clarity, conciseness, precision and consistent interpretations of the terms in the education and training process and the routine design and description practices in modern aesthetic gymnastics.
Keywords: aesthetic gymnastics, rules of competitions, terminology, scales and turns.
- Vlasova O.P., Korichko J.V., Pshenichnikova G.N. Istoki khudozhestvennoy gimnastiki. Uchebno-metod. Posobie [Oorigin of rhythmic gymnastics. Study guide]. Nizhny Tagil: Nizhny Tagil State Social and Pedagogical Institute publ., 2016, 86 p.
- Kravchuk A.I. Gimnasticheskaya terminologiya fizicheskikh uprazhneniy. Ucheb. posobie [Gymnastics terminology of physical exercises. Study guide]. Omsk: OmGMA, 2010, 48 p.
- Pravila sorevnovaniy po khudozhestvennoy gimnastike 2013 – 2016 [Rhythmic gymnastics competition rules 2013 – 2016]. Technical Committee for Rhythmic Gymnastics publ., 2012, 45 p.
- Pravila sorevnovaniy po vidu sporta «Esteticheskaya gimnastika» [Artistic gymnastics competition rules]. RAGF publ., 2013, 46 p.
- Pshenichnikova G.N., Vlasova O.P. Obuchenie elementam bez predmeta na etape nachalnoy podgotovki v khudozhestvennoy gimnastike. Ucheb. posobie [Teaching free-handed elements at initial training stage in rhythmic gymnastics. Study guide]. Omsk: SibGUFK, 2013, 187 p.
- Karpenko L.A., Rumba O.G. Teoriya i metodika fizicheskoy podgotovki v khudozhestvennoy i esteticheskoy gimnastike. Uchebno-metod. Posobie [Theory and methods of physical training in rhythmic and artistic gymnastics. Study guide]. Moscow, 2013, 148 p.