Master's students A.V. Chernyavskaya1
PhD, Associate Professor L.G. Pashchenko1
1Nizhnevartovsk State University, Nizhnevartovsk
The study explores benefits of the fitness model applied in children’s health camp including its procedures, content, design, practices, and progress rating components. Subject to the study were 10-11 year old girls (n=10) attending “Childhood Workshop” day camp with its 21-day creative course including weaving, ceramics, dress-making and modern decorative arts. The sample was split up into Experimental Group (n=22) trained under the new fitness program and Reference Group (n=18). For the study purposes we applied the following methods: modeling; anthropometrical measurements; standard clinical examinations; cardiovascular/ respiratory system functionality test methods; mental condition tests; and mathematical methods of statistics. The experimental fitness program was found beneficial as verified by the meaningful progress in physical working capacities, vital indices and mental statuses achieved by the children for the camping season.
Keywords: fitness, children’s health camp, fitness model design and practices.
- Pashchenko L.G. Ozdorovitelnaya effektivnost programm lagerey otdykha detey, realizuemykh v usloviyakh severnogo goroda [Health improving efficiency of children's camp programs in northern city conditions]. Mater. Vseros. nauch.-prakt. konf. «Perspektivnye napravleniya v oblasti fizicheskoy kultury, sporta i turizma» [Proc. Rus. res.-practical conf. "Perspective directions in physical education, sports and tourism"]. Nizhnevartovsk: NSU publ., 2014, pp. 200-205.
- Saykina E.G. Fitnes v fizkulturnom obrazovanii detey doshkolnogo i shkolnogo vozrasta v sovremennykh sotsiokulturnyikkh usloviyakh [Fitness in physical education of preschool and school age children in modern sociocultural conditions]. St. Petersburg: Obrazovanie publ., 2008, 301 p.
- Soboleva T.V. Izmenenie pokazateley fizicheskogo razvitiya detey za vremya prebyvaniya v ozdorovitelnom lagere [Change in children’s physical development indices during their stay in health camp]. Yaroslavskiy pedagogicheskiy vestnik, 2011, no. 2 (vol. 3), pp. 91-94.
- Tanina N.A. Otsenka effektivnosti ozdorovitelnykh meropriyatiy v letnikh zagorodnykh uchrezhdeniyakh otdykha i ozdorovleniya detey [Rating efficiency of recreational activities in summer suburban recreation facilities and children’s health improvement]. Meditsinskiy almanakh, 2015, no. 2 (37), pp. 77-80.
- Chernyavskaya A.V., Pahchenko L.G. Optimizatsiya fizicheskoy aktivnosti detey, poseschayuschikh lagerya dnevnogo prebyvaniya putem vnedreniya fitnes-programm [Optimizing physical activity of children attending day camps by introducing fitness programs]. Mater. Vseros. nauch.-prakt. konf. «Problemy sovershenstvovaniya fizicheskoy kultury, sporta i olimpizma» [Proc. Rus. res.-practical conf. “Problems of improvement of physical education, sports and Olympism”]. Omsk: SibSUPC publ., 2015, no. 1-2, pp. 312-318.