Postgraduate B.V. Auster1
1Surgut State University, Surgut
Objective of the study was to develop and pilot a coordination ability development module in swimming and aquatic team sport lessons under the primary school physical education course. Subject to the experiment were Experimental Group (EG) and Reference Groups (RG) of 10 schoolboys each. The trainees’ coordination abilities were tested by the following set of test: 4x9m shuttle sprint test; turns on a gymnastic bench tests; and Hirtz Test (numbered medicine ball run test). Most of the tests demonstrated benefits of the module as verified by the EG progress versus the RG. The study data and analyses showed practical benefits of the proposed coordination ability development module giving priority to the aquatic team games as verified by the progress tests of the primary schoolchildren.
Keywords: primary schoolchildren, coordination abilities, education module.
- Auster L.V., Koreneva M.S., Olkhova T.G. Podvizhnye igry dlya uchaschikhsya mladshego shkolnogo vozrasta. Ucheb.-metod. posobie [Active games for primary school children. Study guide]. Surgut: SurSU publ., 2004, 44 p,
- Balamutova N.M., Kozhukh N.F., Sheiko L.V. et al. Issledovanie pokazateley fizicheskogo razvitiya i fizicheskoy podgotovlennosti studentok s iskhodnym urovnem umeniya plavat [Analysis of physical development and physical fitness indices of female students with beginner swimming skills]. Fizicheskoe vospitanie studentov, 2011. no. 1, P. 11.
- Lubysheva L.I. Pedagogicheskie usloviya formirovaniya sportivnoy kultury lichnosti v obshcheobrazovatelnoy shkole [Pedagogical conditions of formation of personal sports culture at comprehensive school]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury, 2011, no. 5, pp. 36 – 41.
- Lyakh V.I. O klassifikatsii koordinatsionnykh sposobnostey [On classification of coordination abilities]. Teoriya i praktika fizicheskoy kultury, 2007, no. 7, pp. 28-30.
- Kuramshin Y.F. Teoriya i metodika fizicheskoy kultury. Uchebnik [Theory and methods of physical education. Textbook]. Moscow: Sovetskiy sport, 2010, 320 p.