Applicant G.V. Khvalebo1
Dr.Hab., Professor I.M. Turevskiy2
1Taganrog Institute named after A.P. Chekhov, Taganrog
2Tula State Pedagogical University named after L.N. Tolstoy, Tula
The study considers a variety of education process conditions to facilitate an adequate self-esteem building process in special health group (SHG) female students in physical education classes. The study gave the means to develop a general physical education and training strategy for the SHG female students with a core objective of a partial (or full) correction of the musculoskeletal system (MSS) pathology followed by their health stabilisation. The objective will be attained via a set of key goals including: the trainees’ health improvement; pathology correction by a variety of tools including adequate self-esteem building process; and encouraging the desire for and objective need in the corrective actions. The study made it possible to identify the specific educational provisions to facilitate the adequate self-esteem building process in the SHG female students. The educational test data showed that the individualised educational assessments with direct contribution of the students in the progress rating process effectively facilitate the trainees’ conscientious involvement and practical actions triggering positive changes in the individual mindsets and thereby helping improve the self-esteem building process.
Keywords: educational provisions, physical education, self-esteem, special health group, musculoskeletal system.
- Bogdanova D.Y. Zanimatelnaya psikhologiya sporta: v 3 kn. Kn. 1 [Entertaining sports psychology: in 3 books. Book 1]. Moscow: Fizkultura i sport publ., 1993.
- Bozhovich L.I. Etapy formirovaniya lichnosti v ontogeneze [Stages of personality formation in ontogeny]. Vopr. psikhologii, 1979, no. 4, pp. 22-34.
- Vygotskiy L.S., Elkonin D.B. Sobranie sochineniy: v 6 t. T. 4. Detskaya psikhologiya [Collected works: in 6 volumes. Vol. 4. Children's psychology]. Moscow: Pedagogika publ., 1984, 432 p.
- Gogunov E.Kh., Martyanov B.I. Psikhologiya fizicheskogo vospitaniya i sporta [Psychology of physical education and sports]. Moscow: Akademia publ., 2004, 224 p.
- Kon I.S. V poiskakh sebya: lichnost i ee samosoznanie [Soul searching: personality and its self-awareness]. Moscow: Politizdat publ., 1984, 335 p.
- Khakimova N.R. Professionalnoe samoopredelenie lichnosti i psikhologicheskie usloviya ego realizatsii v situatsii smeny professionalnoy deyatelnosti. Dis. kand. ped. nauk [Professional personality self-determination and psychological conditions for its implementation in case of profession change. PhD diss.]. Kemerovo, 2005, 179 p.
- Khvalebo G.V. Samootsenka studentov spetsialnykh meditsinskikh grupp kak faktor povysheniya zdorovya [Self-esteem of special health group students as a factor of health improvement]. Nauka i mir, Volgograd, 2016, no. 5 (33), vol. 3, pp. 78-81.
- Chesnokova I.I. Osobennosti razvitiya samootsenki v ontogeneze [Features of development of self-esteem in ontogenesis]. Printsip razvitiya v psikhologii. Moscow, 1978, pp. 316-337.