Postgraduate B.V. Auster
Surgut State University, Surgut
The study was designed to develop and pilot an active-team-games-driven modular training program for the coordination ability development in junior schoolchildren. The study was performed at the Municipal Budgetary General Secondary Education School #32. In the primary stage of the study, the second-class children were tested and the test data was applied to compose a Study Group of 13 girls and 9 boys and Reference Groups of 11 girls and 12 boys. The Hirtz Test was used to rate the subjects’ coordination abilities. The both Groups were trained twice per week by the regular physical education lessons and joined every sport event at the school, with the Reference Group trained as required by the standard physical culture program; whilst the Study Group training was designed to include a set of special team games to build up the coordination abilities.
The study data and analyses showed that the Study Group made notably higher progress versus the Reference Group which showed quite a modest progress. The comparative analysis of the study data gave the grounds to rate the active-team-games-driven modular training program as beneficial.
Keywords: coordination ability, junior school age, active team games.
- Byleeva L.V., Korotkov I.M., Yakovlev V.G. Podvizhnye igry [Outdoor games]. Moscow: Fizkultura i sport publ., 2009, 208 p.
- Vershinin M.A., Reshetov D.V. Metodika kompleksnogo ispolzovaniya podvizhnykh igr v fizicheskom vospitanii detey shkolnogo vozrasta [Methodology of complex use of outdoor games in physical education of school-age children]. Uch. zapiski un-ta im. P.F. Lesgafta, 2009, no. 9, pp. 45–47.
- Kuramshin Y.F. Teoriya i metodika fizicheskoy kultury. Uchebnik [Theory and methods of physical education. Textbook]. Moscow: Sovetskiy sport publ., 2010, 320 p.
- Lyakh V.I. Koordinatsionno-dvigatelnoe sovershenstvovanie v fizicheskom vospitanii i sporte: istoriya, teoriya, eksperimentalnye issledovaniya [Coordination and motor improvement in physical education and sport: history, theory, experimental studies]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury, 2005, no. 11, pp. 16–23.
- Maslyukov A.V. Razvitie koordinatsionnykh sposobnostey shkolnikov. Ucheb. posobie [Development of coordination abilities of schoolboys. Study guide]. Moscow: Chistye prudy publ., 2008, 185 p.
- Oshchepkov A.S. Razvitie mnogogrannykh dvigatelnykh koordinatsionnykh sposobnostey [Development of multi-faceted motor coordination abilities]. Perm: PSTU publ., 2010, 181 p.