Professor, Dr.Hab. I.S. Kolesnik
Professor, Dr.Hab. L.D. Nazarenko
Ulyanovsk State Pedagogical University named after I.N. Ulyanov, Ulyanovsk
It was due to the top priority being given by the national government to the people’s health, labour efficiency and life expectancy improvement initiatives that the GTO Complex was reinstated (in 2014) as a regulatory basis for the national physical culture system. However, progress of the GTO Complex is currently limited by a variety of objective reasons including: insufficient provisions and infrastructure; focus of the GTO Complex on physical fitness only; formal attitudes to the GTO Complex reinstatement initiatives etc., and these and other obstacles still largely hamper progress of the GTO Complex. The article offers a new approach to the GTO Complex implementation through mass application of a variety of physical education forms; combat sports; dancing and strength aerobics; swimming; rowing; team sports; active games etc. A key condition for these practices being efficient is their focus on the intellectual, spiritual, ethical, aesthetical and physical development needs. For the relevant instructors’ and practitioners’ training, a system of elective courses is proposed to be established; with the municipal squares, green zones, parks, yards and natural water reservoirs being applied for the practices when and where the necessary sport/ training facilities, gyms and pools are not available. Experimental tests under the study showed the proposed 2014 GTO Complex implementation technology being efficient.
Keywords: 2014 GTO Complex, implementation technology, GTO test conditions.
- O Vserossiyskom fizkul'turno-ozdorovitel'nom komplekse «Gotov k trudu i oborone» (GTO): Ukaz Prezidenta RF ot 24 marta 2014 goda # 172 (All-Russian physical culture and sports complex "Ready for Labour and Defence" (GTO): Presidential Decree dated March 24, 2014 № 172) // Reference legal system «Consultant Plus».
- Kuramshin Y.F. Kompleks GTO v sisteme fizicheskogo vospitaniya studentov: istoriya sozdaniya i razvitiya (GTO complex in university physical education system: history of creation and development) / Y.F. Kuramshin, R.M. Gadel'shin // Teoriya i praktika fiz. vospitaniya. 2014. – # 7. – P. 9-12.
- Lubysheva L.I. Novy kontseptual'ny podkhod k sovremennomu ponimaniyu sotsial'noy prirody sporta (New conceptual approach to modern understanding of social nature of sport) / L.I. Lubysheva, V.P. Mochenov // Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury. – 2015. – # 4. – P. 94-101.
- Nazarenko L.D. Rol' zhurnala «Teoriya i praktika fizicheskoy kultury» v populyarizatsii i propagande kompleksa GTO (Role of Teoriya i praktika fizicheskoy kultury journal in popularization and promotion of GTO complex) / L.D. Nazarenko, I.S. Kolesnik // Sportivnaya nauka Rossii: sostoyanie i perspektivy razvitiya: Mater. Vseros. nauch.-prakt. konf., posvyashchennoy 90-letiyu zhurnala «Teoriya i praktika fiz. kul'tury» (Russian Sport Science: state and development prospects: Proc. of res.-practical conf. dedicated to the 90th anniversary of Teoriya i praktika fizicheskoy kultury journal) 3-5 December 2015. / Ed. by L.I. Lubysheva, S.N. Litvinenko. – Moscow: RSUPESYT (RGUFKSMiT), 2015. – P. 88-94.
- Nazarenko L.D. Sport kak kulturologicheskiy fenomen sovremennogo obshchestva (Sport as cultural phenomenon of modern society) / L.D. Nazarenko / Fenomen sportivnoy kul'tury v aspekte filosofskogo, istoricheskogo i spetsial'nopedagogicheskogo analiza: nauch.-metod. materialy i doklady «Kruglogo stola»(Sport culture phenomenon in the aspect of philosophical, historical and special pedagogical analysis: scientific-method. materials and reports of "Round Table"). March 21, 2014. – Moscow: Fizicheskaya kul'tura, 2014. – P. 48-51.