Applicant G.A. Chavchanidze
Professor, Dr.Hab. E.S. Tsygankov
Associate Professor, PhD V.N. Zudin
Russian State University of Physical Culture, Sport, Youth and Tourism (GTSOLIFK), Moscow
Skidding in motor racing sports may be sometimes considered a positive phenomenon as it may be used to improve safety in a variety of race control actions. Objective of the study was to explore the most efficient control actions in case of car skidding. The article presents model car skidding situations. It should be noted that the counter-skidding driving skills to get ready for such situations cannot be mastered in a self-learning format due to the high risks for the driver and car. As things now stand, the counter-skidding driving skills may be obtained in the counter-accident driving courses offered by special driving skill excellence centres. This training is normally designed as a modular two-tier system that gives theoretical knowledge and practical training, particularly in its “ice driving” module with the practical skills being excelled on an ice field/ stadium. The ice driving program includes 16 training and test exercises designed to master a few counter-skidding elementary actions including: square (skidding-straightening action); triangle (critical skidding); pacy serpentine (rhythmic skidding); forward and backward turnarounds (known as the “police turnaround”); spin (rotation on site); waltz; skidding turns; and other speed-manoeuvre exercises. A five-day training course will help master the basics of slippery driving and the key counter-accident actions.
Keywords: skidding types, specific actions, safety, motor transport.
- Gerasenkov A.V. Stimulyatsiya rabotosposobnosti kursantov TsVVM pri pomoschi BAD napravlennogo deystviya (Enhancing physical performance of CADC students using targeted supplements) / A.V. Gerasenkov // Problemyi sovershenstvovaniya olimpiyskogo dvizheniya, fizicheskoy kulturyi i sporta v Sibiri: mater. mezhregion. nauch.-prakt. konf. molodyih uchenyih, aspirantov i studentov (Problems of perfection of Olympic movement, physical culture and sports in Siberia: Proc. of Inter-regional res.-practical conf. of young scientists and students) / Sib. State Univ. Phys. Culture and Sport. - Omsk, 2003. – P. 189–191.
- Zudin V.N. Pedagogicheskaya model kontravariynoy podgotovki (Pedagogical model of couter-accident training) / V.N. Zudin, E.S. Tsygankov // Teoriya i praktika prikladnykh i ekstremal'nykh vidov sporta: Faktor riska. – 2006. – № 1(9). – P. 5.
- Zudin V.N. Formirovanie slozhnokoordinatsionnyih navyikov aktivnoy bezopasnosti avtogonschikov i voditeley razlichnogo profilya deyatelnosti (Formation of comprehensive coordination active safety skills of racers and drivers in various areas of activity) / V.N. Zudin, E.S. Tsygankov // Teoriya i praktika fizicheskoy kultury. – 2006. – № 11. – P. 60–61.
- Kuznetsov A.A. Optimizatsiya psihofizicheskoy podgotovlennosti avtogonschikov ralli vyisokoy kvalifikatsii (Optimization of psychophysical competences of highly skilled road racers) / A.A. Kuznetsov // Vestnik sportivnoy nauki. – 2007. – № 3. – P. 15–19.
- Tsygankov E.S. Pedagogicheskaya sistema kontravariynoy podgotovki (Pedagogical system of couter-accident training) / E.S. Tsygankov // Sovremennyie tehnologii sporta vyisshih dostizheniy v professionalnoy podgotovke sotrudnikov silovyih vedomstv: (mater. mezhdunar. nauch. kongr.) (Modern elite sport technologies in the training of law enforcement agency personnel training: (Proc. International scient. congress), Moscow, February, 2-4 2006 / Rus. State Un-ty of Phys. Culture, Sport and Tourism, Acad. sport and Aplied Martial Arts; Moscow Univ. of Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia). – Moscow, 2006. – P. 323-333.
- Tsygankov E.S. Bazovaya model tehniki prohozhdeniya povorotov v mototsikletnom sporte (Basic model of skidding technique in motorcycling) / E.S. Tsygankov, G.I. Shulik // Teoriya i praktika fizicheskoy kultury. – 2014. – № 3. – P. 78–80.