Associate Professor, PhD E.V. Bronskiy
Associate Professor, PhD V.I. Lebedeva
Pavlodar State Pedagogical Institute, Pavlodar, Kazakhstan
Objective of the study was to identify the anti-stress mechanisms applied by the physical education teachers. The study was performed at the premises of Educational Staff Advanced Training Institute in the period of 2013-14. Subject to the study were 108 physical education teachers (72 men and 36 women) from urban and rural schools in the Pavlodar Province. The choice of locus control and coping strategy by the teachers was found to be driven by the following social and demographic factors: service time, qualification class, place of residence and the marital status. The opinion poll was designed based on the J. Rotter and R. Lazarus methodology (adapted version by T.L. Kriukova, Y.V. Kuftyak) and E. Heim test. The study found that the polled physical education teachers in most cases applied, irrespective of their social and demographic factors and gender, the internal type of locus control rather than the external one. The teachers of both sexes were tested with the growing proportion of internals with the growing service time and qualification level. The demographic factor (i.e. the place of residence) was found of insignificant effect on the teachers’ locus control. The marital status was rated as an important factor since the numbers of externals were found to be higher in the singles’ group. The respondents reported making resort to the adaptive and relatively adaptive coping strategies in most of the life situations, irrespective of the social and demographic factors and gender.
Keywords: physical education teachers, professional burnout, stress, locus control, coping strategy.
- Bronskiy E.V. Koping-strategii kak mehanizm psihologicheskoy zaschityi uchiteley fizicheskoy kulturyi ot stressa (Coping strategy as psychological anti-stress mechanism of physical education teachers) / E.V. Bronskiy // Pedagogicheskiy vestnik Kazakhstana. 2014. – № 3-4. – P. 64– 70.
- Bronskiy E.V. Lokus kontrolya i koping-strategii kak mekhanizm sovladaniya uchiteley fizicheskoy kulturyi so stressom (Locus of control and coping strategies as anti-stress mechanism for physical education teachers) / E.V. Bronskiy, V.I. Lebedeva // Institutsionalizatsiya soderzhaniya i organizatsii usloviy innovatsionnoy obrazovatel'noy sredy vysshey pedagogicheskoy shkoly: mater. mezhdunar. konf. (Institutionalization of content and organization of conditions of innovative educational environment of pedagogical university: Proc. Intern. Conf. - Pavlodar, PSPI (PGPI), P. 199-202.
- Bronskiy E.V. Issledovanie mehanizmov psihologicheskoy zaschityi uchiteley fizicheskoy kulturyi ot stressa. Mezhdunarodnaya nauchno-prakticheskaya konferentsiya (Investigation of psychological anti-stress mechanisms of physical education teachers. International research-practical conference) / E.V. Bronskiy, V.I. Lebedeva // Sovremennye kontseptsii teorii i praktiki fizicheskoy kul'tury: mater. mezhdunar. konf. (Modern concepts of theory and practice of physical culture: proc. Intern. Conf.). – Ufa, 2015. – P. 56-62
- Nikol'skaya I.M., Granovskaya R.M. Psikhologicheskaya zashchita u detey (Children's psychological defence system). — St. Petersburg: Rech, 2000. — P. 70.
- Bronskiy E.V., Kusmidenov M.E., Lebedeva V.I. Interrelation of professional burnout with social demographic features of teachers. Life Sci J 2014; 11(1s): 229-232] (ISSN:1097-8135). http://www.lifesciencesite.com. 41.