Associate Professor, PhD E.A. Cherepov
Master's degree student A.S. Gabaeva
South Ural State University (SRU), Chelyabinsk
Keywords: subjects of secondary education, pupils, health promotion, sportization of physical education, metasubject health-promoting competences.
Introduction. In the recent educational researches, it is the eco-psychological approach that becomes increasingly popular . Most scientists share the position of I.G. Shendrik , who believes that educational space, as a special form of unity of people, is formed during joint educational activity of subjects of education, during which teaching subjects create the necessary conditions and opportunities for learning subjects, interacting with them directly or indirectly.
In current conditions, against the traditional practice of a standard comprehensive school, which activity is focused on the achievement of the learning outcome in the form of subject-specific competences and organization of a health-promoting environment, we believe that, according to the metasubject and eco-psychological approaches, the school mission should also be to recognize health as a fundamental object of education. Moreover, it is important to shift the focus from the organization of health-saving environment to the formation of a health-promoting (involving subjects’ responsible and active attitude) educational space, promoting the assimilation by pupils of the health-promoting essences and reflections, their personal development and self-actualization in the process of active partnership of subjects with each other and with the components of educational space [3, 6]. In our opinion, the health-promoting school educational space is to stimulate in a guided way the growth of adaptive capabilities of pupils by enhancing their health, contributing to an increment of their productive activity and an increase in the level of the health-promoting competence, as well as successful adaptation and socialization within an educational institution.
Objective of the study was to provide a methodological substantiation of the concept of the health-promoting educational space of a contemporary secondary school.
Methods and structure of the study. The author's concept of health-promoting educational space of a contemporary secondary school is based on the following conditions:
– the mission of the standard comprehensive school must be changed after the reconsideration of educational space as an open, mobile territory for the activity socialization of reflexive, responsible for own health subjects (teachers, students, parents), who interact with their physical and socio-cultural environment, in which there all the necessary conditions for the formation of metasubject health-promoting competences, self-actualization and personal self-expression;
– subjects’ health is to be treated as the fundamental object of education and metasubject educational result;
– the system of sportization of school physical education may be considered as the core of the health-promoting school educational space;
– the metasubject approach within the health promotion program is to be realized through the interdisciplinary integration and integration of academic and extra-curricular health-promoting, cognitive, developmental, and self-educational activities of subjects;
– as a measure of a teacher’s professional competence we should consider not only his/her information awareness, but also the ability to organize health-promoting educational space, providing conditions for a positive dynamics in the state of health of pupils.
The integrity, transparency and multidimensionality of the health-promoting educational space, based on the fact of dualism of subject of education as a psycho-physiological individual and socio-cultural agent interacting with educational space [2, 5], appears to us as an integrative construct of the anthropo-sociogenic and physical subspaces. At the level of their interpenetration, a subspace of their humane and personal interaction is formed (filled with values, traditions, technologies). This interpenetration can be due to the chronotopes that are mutually supportive and provide links to subjective time, which in the author's model (Fig. 1) are: sportization of physical education (system-forming factor) and health-promoting integration of subject areas of academic disciplines of FSES (system-determining factor).
Fig. 1. Health-promoting school educational space (structure)
The efficiency of sportization of physical education as a system-forming chronotope of health-promoting school educational space requires a dialectical unity of its structural and functional components: target, subject-technological and effective one.
Health-promoting integration of subject areas of academic disciplines of the FSES is a system-determining chronotope of the health-promoting educational space, which is focused on pupils’ health and realized on the basis of the methodology of metasubject approach by means of selection in each discipline of a range of real life objects interrelated with the fundamental object of education - "health"; coordination of educational material and cooperation of narrow-subject, general-subject and metasubject forms, methods and criteria of educational activity in order to achieve the complementariness and integrity of learning outcomes in the form of cognitive, rehabilitation, evaluating, propaganda and educational, health-developing, recreational and sports metasubject competences.
The experimental work to identify the effectiveness of the implementation of the described theoretical provisions of formation of the health-promoting space was conducted at the premises of MIEI GES №№ 45, 118, Chelyabinsk city, №№ 1, 11, Korkino town, Chelyabinsk region.
The success of assimilation of the key metasubject health-promoting competences of pupils was determined mostly during the performance of a specific algorithm of actions.
In the line of formation of each of the seven competences, we singed out three results of a pupil’s significant activity. In our opinion, the fact that the pupil demonstrates all three results indicates the optimal competency level, two results - an acceptable level, one result of activity allows for the conclusion that the competency is low, and finally no result testifies to the critical competency level (Fig. 2).
Fig. 2. Structure of health-promoting competency
Results and discussion. The results obtained during the experiment testify to a rather high efficiency of organization of the health-promoting educational space in terms of formation of metasubject results of health-promoting activity. In the experimental schools, the number of pupils with optimal (21.7%) and acceptable (56.6%) levels of formation of metasubject results of health-promoting education have increased significantly. In our opinion, the health-promoting result of education should be considered on parity with the teaching component of the process. The correlation analysis of the indicators of the health-promoting competency and results of SFE of pupils of the 9th grade revealed a high level of their interrelationship (r = 0.79 at the determination coefficient of D = 62.41%).
Conclusion. The positive dynamics in the level of formation of metasubject health-promoting competences, as well as the high correlation between this indicator and the level of education of pupils of the 9th grades (according to SFE), are indicative of the high efficiency of systemogenesis of the health-promoting school educational space from the perspective of the metasubject, system, competency and eco-psychological methodologies.
- Bal'sevich V.K. Teoriya i tekhnologiya sportivno-orientirovannogo fizicheskogo vospitaniya v massovoy obshcheobrazovatel'noy shkole (Theory and technology of sports-centered physical education in standard comprehensive school) / V.K. Bal'sevich, L.I. Lubysheva // Fizicheskaya kul'tura: vospitanie, obrazovanie, trenirovka. – 2005. – №5. – P. 50-53.
- Bourdieu, P. Sotsiologiya politiki (Sociology of politics) / Ed. by N.A.Shmatko. – Moscow: Socio-Logos, 1993. – 336 p.
- Lubysheva L.I. Kontseptsiya formirovaniya fizicheskoy kul'tury cheloveka (Human physical culture fotmation concept) / L.I. Lubysheva. – Moscow: SCOLIPC, 1992. – 120 p.
- Manzheley I.V. Organizatsiya fizkul'turno-sportivnoy raboty po mestu zhitel'stva na munitsipal'nom rayone (Organization of domiciliary physical training and sports activities in a municipal district) / I.V. Manzheley, S.V. Ivanova // Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury. – 2013. – № 2. – P. 42-47. dis metro
- Manzheley I.V. Pedagogicheskiy potentsial fizkul'turno-sportivnoy sredy (Pedagogical potential of physical education and sports environment) / I.V. Manzheley // Fizicheskaya kul'tura: vospitanie, obrazovanie, trenirovka. –2010. – № 4. – P. 2-4.
- Fonarev D.V. Modelirovanie munitsipal'noy sistemy sportivno orientirovannogo fizicheskogo vospitaniya shkol'nikov: monografiya (Simulation of municipal school system of sports-centered physical education: monograph) / D.V. Fonarev. – Tchaikovsky: TchSIPC pub. h-se. – 2009. – 353 p.
- Shendrik, I.G. Proektirovanie i innovatsionnye protsessy v obrazovanii (Design and innovation processes in education) / I.G. Shendrik // Obrazovanie i nauka: Izv. Ural. Otd. Ros.akad. obrazovaniya (Education and Science: Mat. Ural Dep. Rus. acad. educ.). – 2000. – № 3. – P. 74 - 85.