Two trends in humanities and social studies of modern sport
Professor, Dr.Sc.Phil. M.Ya. Saraf
Moscow State Institute of Culture, Moscow
In today's humanities and social studies about sport the author identifies two main trends in its development. The first, long-standing one explores sport as a sociocultural phenomenon and is focused manly on the place and role of sport in society and its relationship with other spheres of social life - economic, political, artistic, religious, etc. The second one, developed in line with philosophical anthropology, has been developed quite recently and its subject is based on the existential issues of the coordinator of sports activity: its humanistic content.
Keywords: sport, functioning, development, socio-cultural content, socio-humanitarian knowledge.
- Bogdanova M.A. Institut sporta: sotsiokul'turnaya dinamika (Institute of Sport: sociocultural dynamics) / M.A. Bogdanova. – Rostov-on-Don: Publishing House of Southern Federal University. – 2013. – 296 p.
- Bykhovskaya I.M. Homo somaticus / I.M. Bykhovskaya. – Moscow: Editorial URSS – 2000. – P. 95-96.
- Nauka o sporte. Entsiklopediya sistem zhizneobespecheniya (Sport science. Encyclopedia of Life Support Systems). – Moscow: EOLSS; MAGISTR-PRESS. – 2011. – 1000 p.
- Olimpiyskiy proekt «SPART». Dukhovnost'. Sport, Iskusstvo (osnovnye idei i pervye itogi realizatsii v Rossii) (Olympic project "Spart". Spirituality. Sport, Arts (main ideas and first results of implementation in Russia). – Moscow, Humanitarian Center "SPART" RGAFK (RSAPC). – 1994, – 99 p.
- Stolyarov V.I. Filosofiya sporta i telesnosti cheloveka. Vedenie v mir filosofii sporta i telesnosti cheloveka (Philosophy of sport and human corporality. Introduction to philosophy of sport and human corporality) / V.I. Stolyarov. – Moscow: Universitetskaya kniga, – 2011. – 766 p.