Dr. Hab., Professor A.I. Kravchuk1
Postgraduate student O.E. Tukovskaya1
PhD, Associate Professor E.E. Yavorskaya2
1Siberian State University of Physical Culture and Sports, Omsk
2Blagoveshchensk State Pedagogical University, Blagoveshchensk
Objective of the study was to assess the state of physical fitness of 4-5 year old children attending a preschool educational institution in the Far North.
Methods and structure of the study. Scientific work was carried out on the basis of the preschool educational institution "Kolobok" of the Yamalo-Nenets Autonomous Okrug, Novy Urengoy in the form of physical education classes in physical education, which was attended by 59 children of four years and 38 children of five years who regularly attend kindergarten. In the course of the study, the state of development of the physical qualities of children of primary and secondary pre-school age during the school year was studied, taking into account the initial, intermediate and final indicators.
Results and conclusions. As the results of the study showed, the level of physical fitness of children at the beginning of the school year corresponded to the level of age standards in five tests for 4-year-old children: dexterity, speed endurance, speed, dynamic and speed strength. Children aged 5 in three tests reached the age standards: in speed endurance, dynamic strength and speed. In other FCs, the level of development was lower: in children of both ages in static strength and flexibility, 5 years old in agility and speed strength. The final indicators of the development of FC improved significantly compared with the initial data, with the exception of dexterity at both ages.
Keywords: children 4-5 years old, preschool institution, academic year, physical fitness, Far North, comparison, age standards.
- Kravchuk A.I., Schrader A.Yu. Kompleksnoye fizicheskoye vospitaniye detey 2 i 3 let [Comprehensive physical education of children aged 2 and 3]. Omsk: SibGUFK publ., 2018. 108 p.
- Kravchuk A.I. Teoriya kompleksnogo fizicheskogo vospitaniya detey [Theory of complex physical education of children]. Doshkolnoye vospitaniye. 2013. No. 12. pp. 18-28.
- Kravchuk A.I. Fizicheskoye vospitaniye detey rannego i doshkolnogo vozrasta (nauchno-metodicheskiye i organizatsionnyye osnovy garmonichnogo doshkolʹnogo kompleksnogo fizicheskogo vospitaniya) [Physical education of children of early and preschool age (scientific-methodical and organizational bases of harmonious preschool complex physical education)]. Part 2, 3. Novosibirsk: NGPU publ., 1998. 136 p.
- Lyakh V.I. Testy v fizicheskom vospitanii shkolnikov [Tests in the physical education of schoolchildren]. Guide for the teacher. Moscow: AST publ., 1998. 272 p.
- Mukhina M.P. Pedagogicheskaya sistema fizicheskogo vospitaniya detey doshkolnogo vozrasta [Pedagogical system of physical education of preschool children]. Omsk: SibGUFK publ., 2017. 154 p.
- Osokina T.I., Chuntonova V.A. Fizicheskoye vospitaniye detey na Severe: iz opyta raboty [Physical education of children in the North: from work experience]. Moscow: Prosveshcheniye publ., 1981. 158 p.
- Shemenev A.V. Fizicheskaya podgotovka detey starshego doshkolnogo vozrasta s uchetom vliyaniya sezonnykh periodov Kraynego Severa [Physical training of children of senior preschool age, taking into account the influence of seasonal periods of the Far North]. PhD diss.: 13.00.04. Omsk, 2003. 220 p.
- Shreder A.Yu. Uroven dvigatelnykh navykov, fizicheskikh kachestv i psikhomotoriki detey 2-3 godov zhizni pri ispolzovanii kompleksnogo fizicheskogo vospitaniya [The level of motor skills, physical qualities and psychomotor skills of children aged 2-3 years of life when using complex physical education]. Problemy sovershenstvovaniya fizicheskoy kultury, sporta i olimpizma [Problems of improving physical culture, sports and olympism]. Proceedings national scientific-practical conference young scientists, graduate students, applicants and students. SibGUFK. Omsk, 2009. pp. 290-295.