Ola Amin Elsayed Mahmoud Amin Elsherif 1, 2
Dr. Hab., Professor V.R. Solomatin2
1Helwan University, Cairo, Egypt
2Russian State University of Physical Education, Sports, Youth and Tourism (SCOLIPE), Moscow
The aim of the study is to identify differences in the speed of movements when performing combinations of the technical program between the Russian and Egyptian artistic swimming teams at the 2020 (2021) Olympic Games.
Methodology and organization of the study. The scientific work was carried out on 16 athletes participating in the Olympic Games of 2020 (2021) of the Russian and Egyptian national artistic swimming teams.
Research results and conclusions. The study revealed that the Russian team was 44% faster than the Egyptian team, while performing 50% of the program at a higher speed – 1.5 movements per second, performing fewer movements at a higher speed. This allowed them to more clearly control the delay and arbitrary breathing during the execution of the technical program.
Keywords: аrtistic swimming, combinations of technical program, speed of movements.
- Maksimova, M.N. Synchronized swimming. The approximate program of sports training for children's and youth sports schools, specialized children's and youth schools of the Olympic reserve / M.N. Maksimova. M: Soviet sport, 2007. 192 p.
- Dimitrova, B. ‘’Comparative analysis for the hypoxic sustainability of the synchronized swimmers from Bulgaria, Greece and Turkey’’. Research in Kinesiology, (2015). 43(2), pp.180-184.
- Final Report of The FINA Ad Hoc Committee on Artistic Swimming Degrees of Difficulty. www.fina.org. Fédération Internationale de Natation (FINA). (2018).
- FINA Artistic Swimming manual for judges, coaches & referees 2017 - 2021.
- Gökçe Akgün ‘’Numerical analysis of the Artistic Swimming mixed duet free routine choreographies in world championships’’, 4th International Conference of Sport Science – AESA, Turkey (2021) pp.2
- Homma M. et al. Physiological responses during the practice of synchronized swimming: A systematic review, Clinical Physiology and Functional Imaging (2017); pp1.
- Ntomali, S., Adamakis, M., Venetsanou, F., Chairopoulou, C. & Psychountaki, M. (2021). Which factors are influencing Artistic Swimming performance? Greece, European Journal of Physical Education and Sport Science, vol. 6, 6(12), pp.62-76.
- Olha Podrihalo et al. (2021) ‘’Substantiation of Methods for Predicting Success in Artistic Swimming’’ international journal of environmental research and public health, pp.18.