Rural sports games as a factor of sustainable development of the Russian village
Dr. Sc.Hist., Associate Professor A.B. Orishev1
Dr. Hab., Associate Professor A.A. Peredelsky1
Dr. Sc.Phil., Associate Professor A.A. Mamedov1
PhD, Associate Professor A.N. Melentiev1
1Russian Timiryazev State Agrarian University, Moscow
Objective of the study was to update the importance of rural sports games as a factor for the sustainable development of the Russian countryside.
Methods and structure of the study. The research methods were the analysis of the programs and results of the All-Russian Rural Sports Games, the generalization of experience in their organization, a sociological survey of 1st year students of the Timiryazev Academy, during which more than 200 students representing eight federal districts were interviewed.
Results and conclusions. A brief history of the formation and development of rural sports games in Russia is shown. The attention paid to these competitions by the state authorities and its motivation for holding them are noted. The coverage of these competitions in Russian regions is shown. The positive impact of rural sports games on the development of rural areas is demonstrated. It has been proven that rural sports games can become an important factor in the sustainable development of the Russian countryside, as they can make life in the countryside more interesting and thereby stop the outflow of young people from the village, forming a physically and mentally healthy population.
Keywords: rural sports games, sustainable development, rural areas, healthy lifestyle.
- Alabuzhev A.E. Fizkulturno-sportivnaya deyatelnost v selskoy mestnosti [Physical culture and sports activities in rural areas]. Izhevsk: UGU publ., 2005. 194 p.
- Lushnikova N.A. Sportivnaya zhizn sovetskogo sela v 1965-1985 gg. (na materialakh Kurganskoy, Sverdlovskoy i Chelyabinskoy oblastey) [Sports life of the Soviet village in 1965-1985. (on the materials of the Kurgan, Sverdlovsk and Chelyabinsk regions)]. Sovremennyye tendentsii selskokhozyaystvennogo proizvodstva v mirovoy ekonomike [Modern trends in agricultural production in the world economy]. Proceedings International scientific-practical conference. Kemerovo: KGSI publ., 2015. pp. 581-584.
- Naimushina T.Yu. Selskiye sportivnyye igry kak perspektivnoye napravleniye razvitiya sobytiynogo sportivnogo turizma (na primere Udmurtskoy respubliki) [Rural sports games as a promising direction for the development of event-based sports tourism (on the example of the Udmurt Republic)]. Regionalnyy turizm: opyt, problemy, perspektivy [Regional tourism: experience, problems, prospects]. Proceedings national correspondence scientific conference. Izhevsk: Izhevskiy institut kompyuternykh issledovaniy publ., 2016. pp. 194-197.
- Solovyov N.A., Belyaev V.I., Ilyin I.A. Selskiye sportivnyye igry v Udmurtii [Rural sports games in Udmurtia]. Izhevsk: Udmurtiya publ., 2017. 263 p.
- Solovyov N.F., Ilyin I.A. Selskiye sportivnyye igry kak vazhnyy faktor v realizatsii natsionalnogo proyekta razvitiye APK [Rural sports games as an important factor in the implementation of the national project for the development of the agro-industrial complex]. Aktualnyye problemy i perspektivy razvitiya fizicheskoy kultury v vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniyakh Minselkhoza Rossii [Actual problems and prospects for the development of physical culture in higher educational institutions of the Ministry of Agriculture of Russia]. Proceedings national scientific-practical conference. Izhevsk: IGSA publ., 2007. pp. 64-67.
- Solovyov N.A., Manurov I.M. Sotsialnoye, kulturno-sportivnoye i obshchestvennoye znacheniye selskikh sportivnykh igr (k 25-letiyu razvitiya selskikh sportivnykh igr v Udmurtii) [Social, cultural, sports and social significance of rural sports games (to the 25th anniversary of the development of rural sports games in Udmurtia)]. Aktualnyye problemy i perspektivy razvitiya fizicheskoy kultury i sporta v vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniyakh Minselkhoza Rossii [Actual problems and prospects for the development of physical culture and sports in higher educational institutions of the Ministry of Agriculture of Russia]. Proceedings national scientific-practical conference. Saratov: Tsentr sotsialnykh agroinnovatsiy SGAU publ., 2016. pp. 15-19.
- Solovyov N.A. Selskiye sportivnyye igry v realizatsii natsionalnogo proyekta «Razvitiye APK» [Rural sports games in the implementation of the national project "Development of the agro-industrial complex"]. Vestnik Izhevskoy gosudarstvennoy selskokhozyaystvennoy akademii. 2007. No. 2 (12). pp. 75-77.
- Li K.W. Study on the Sports Lifestyle of Rural Adolescents in Yunnan Border Areas / K.W. Li, P. Nie, W. Liu // 2nd International Conference on Arts, Design and Contemporary Education (ICADCE). 2016. Vol. 64. pp. 1215-1220.
- Marshall N.T.S. No Pangs of Conscience': Nostalgia, Race, Masculinity, and the Emergence of Australian Rules Football in Rural South West Victoria / N.T.S. Marshall, M. Klugman // International Journal of the History of Sport. 2019. No 36 (6). pp. 496–512. DOI10.1080/09523367.2019.166239
- Rich K.A. The Battle of Little Big Puck: Narratives of Community, Sport, and Relationships in Rural Canada / K.A. Rich, L. Hoeber, A. Weisgerber // Journal of Rural and Community Development. 2020. No 15 (3). pp. 45-64.
- Vaught D. Abner Doubleday, Marc Bloch, and the Cultural Significance of Baseball in Rural America / D. Vaught // Agricultural History. 2011. No 85(1). pp. 1-20.