Relationship between psychophysical fitness and subjective well-being of university students when learning
Dr.Hab., Professor G.V. Barchukova1
1Russian State University of Physical Education, Sports, Youth and Tourism (SCOLIPE), Moscow
2Moscow State Institute of International Relations (University) of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation, Moscow
Objective of the study was to identify the relationship between the physical, mental, social well-being rates and academic progress of university students in their 1st and 2nd years of study.
Methods and structure of the study. Sampled for the study were 33 students majoring in physical education and sports disciplines - 18-19 year-old males attributed to the main health group. The research methods applied were a questionnaire survey, cognitive and physical fitness tests, and correlation analysis.
Results and conclusions. The students’ psychophysical readiness and subjective well-being rates made it possible to determine the relationship between the students’ mental and physical states that affect their learning activities. The study found the correlation relationships between academic progress, subjective well-being, psychophysical readiness, and their individual parameters. The findings can be used to correct the educational process within physical education and sports disciplines to further achieve and maintain the optimal psychophysical state of university students and their success in learning.
Keywords: male university students, psychophysical fitness, subjective well-being, success in learning.
- Blinov D.A., Barchukova G.V. GTO kak kriteriy testirovaniya fizicheskoy podgotovlennosti studentov v usloviyakh sportivnogo zala [RLD as criterion for testing physical fitness of students in gym]. Uchenye zapiski universiteta im. P.F. Lesgafta. 2020. No. 7. pp. 49-53.
- Goryacheva A.B. Vzaimosvyaz subjektivnogo blagopoluchiya i akademicheskoy uspevaemosti u studentov bakalavriata 1 i 2 kursa [Relationship between subjective well-being and academic performance in 1st and 2nd year undergraduate students]. Rossiyskaya nauka: tendentsii i vozmozhnosti [Russian Science: Trends and Opportunities]. Collection of scientific articles. Moscow, 2020. pp. 111-116.
- Makeeva V.S., Shirokova E.A., Bruy K.E., et al. Potentsial zdorovya v sub'ektivnoy otsenke blagopoluchiya studentov [Health potential in subjective assessment of student well-being]. Fizicheskaya kultura. Sport. Turizm. Dvigatelnaya rekreatsiya. 2019. V. 4. No. 1. pp. 65-74.
- Prikaz Ministerstva sporta RF ot 12 fevralya 2019 # 90 «Ob utverzhdenii gosudarstvennyih trebovaniy Vserossiyskogo fizkulturno-sportivnogo kompleksa «Gotov k trudu i oborone» (GTO) [Order of the Ministry of Sports of the Russian Federation of February 12, 2019 No. 90 "On approval of the state requirements of Russian physical culture and sports complex" Ready for Labor and Defense "(RLD)].
- Fomina Y.I. Osobennosti sub'ektivnogo blagopoluchiya inostrannykh studentov [Features of subjective well-being of foreign students]. Sovremennaya Rossiyskaya nauka: aktualnye voprosy, dostizheniya i innovatsii [Modern Russian Science: Topical Issues, Achievements and Innovations]. Proceedings national research-practical. conference. Penza, 2021. pp. 291-295.