Health physical education programs design for university students
PhD, Associate Professor A.V. Ivanov
Crimean Engineering and Pedagogical University named after V.I. Fevzi Yakubov, Simferopol
Objective of the study was to conduct a comparative analysis of university physical education curricula to identify approaches to assessing students’ health and fitness competences.
Methods and structure of the study. The study included an analysis of health and fitness activities and the mass sports work at the State Budgetary Educational Institution of Higher Education of the Republic of Crimea "Crimean Engineering and Pedagogical University named after V.I. Fevzi Yakubov" and The Medical Academy named after S. I. Georgievsky of Vernadsky Crimean Federal University.
Results and conclusions. The analysis of the contents of modern health physical education programs implemented at universities revealed different theoretical and methodological approaches, which makes it difficult to reliably assess students’ competencies in practice. In most cases, the diagnostic toolset used has a wide range of characteristics that prevent assessing competence in the field of health improvement of university students. Some health physical education programs are focused on the basic medical training, others present the technologies and models of shaping a healthy lifestyles, while most programs contain psychophysiological and pedagogical approaches to preserving human health. Consequently, the following characteristics should be used to design health physical education programs for universities: complexity, variability, and integrity of implementation of health physical education programs taking into account the factors of modern enviroment; a set of health and fitness technologies and teaching methods aimed to achieve positive health rates; development of a system of control and management of physical education and health-improvement process making it possible to improve the functionality of the basal systems of organs and students’ health in general.
Keywords: health, academic health and physical education activities, environment, programs, design.
- Akopova M.A. Organizatsionno-pedagogicheskie usloviya formirovaniya kulturyi zdorovya studentov gumanitarnogo profilya [Organizational and Pedagogical Conditions of Formation of Health Culture among Humanities Students]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury. 2015. No. 2. pp. 8-10.
- Aksenova O.I. Metodologiya riska v otsenke vliyaniya ekologicheskikh faktorov na sostoyanie zdorovya naseleniya [Risk methodology in assessing impact of environmental factors on people’s health]. Sotsialno-gigienicheskiy monitoring – praktika primeneniya i nauchnoe obespechenie [Social and hygienic monitoring - application practice and scientific support]. Proceedings. V. 2. Moscow, 2000. pp. 187-192.
- Bolotin A.E., Mironova O.V., Lukina S.M., Yarchikovskaya L.V. Soderzhatelnye i organizatsionnye aspekty formirovaniya navykov zdorovogo obraza zhizni u studentov vuzov [Healthy lifestyle skill building technology for university students: conceptual and procedural aspects]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury, 2016, no. 6, pp. 18-20.
- Brin V.B. Fiziologiya cheloveka v shemakh i tablitsakh [Human physiology in diagrams and tables]. Rostov-on-Don: Feniks publ., 1999. 352 p.
- Sadovnikov E.S. Razvitie u molodezhi motivatsii k fizkulturno-ozdorovitelnoy deyatelnosti [Building young people's motivations for health and fitness activities]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury. 2017. No. 4. pp. 50-54.
- Khubbiev Sh.Z. Ozdorovitelnye programmy po fizicheskoy kulture i sportu [Recreation education and sports programs] Study guide. St. Petersburg, 2014. 236. P. 64.
- Yugova E.A. Problemy formirovaniya professionalnogo zdorovya vypusknikov pedagogicheskikh vuzov [Problems of forming professional health of graduates of pedagogical universities]. Pedagogicheskoe obrazovanie v Rossii. 2012. No. 2. pp. 102-104.