Influence of physical education activities with different orientations on psychoemotional state of university students
Dr.Hab., Professor G.V. Barchukova2
1Moscow State Institute of International Relations (University) of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation, Moscow
2Russian State University of Physical Education, Sports, Youth and Tourism (SCOLIPE), Moscow
Objective of the study was to identify the influence of physical education activities with different orientations on university students’ psychoemotional state.
Methods and structure of the study. The study was carried out on the basis of the Department of Physical Education, Health and Safety at Moscow State Institute of International Relations of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation. The study involved the 18-19 year-old students majoring in the "Physical Education and Sports" discipline and attributed to the main health group (n=32, including 17 boys and 15 girls). The WAM (well-being, activity, mood) questionnaire was used to quickly assess the psychoemotional response of students to physical education activities of various orientations.
Results and conclusions. The students' subjective evaluation of the nature of their psychoemotional state before and after physical education activities showed that the majority of students had a high level of well-being and mood, and mostly average activity level. Throughout the study, all the well-being, activity, mood indicators did not fall below 4 points, which indicated a favorable psychoemotional state of the boys and girls and proved the beneficial impact of psychophysical loads imposed on them during the physical training sessions.
Keywords: university students, boys, girls, physical education activities with different orientations, well-being, activity, mood, psychoemotional state.
- Zlokazova M.V., Semakina N.V., Ubaydullaeva M.A. et al. Ispolzovanie dinamicheskoy otsenki samochuvstviya aktivnosti i nastroeniya studentov tekhnicheskogo vuza dlya optimizatsii uchebnogo protsessa [Dynamic assessment of health, activity and mood of technical university students to optimize educational process]. Sovershenstvovanie vospitatelnoy raboty v vuze: patrioticheskoe vospitanie [Efforts to improve academic educational work: patriotic education]. Proceedings VI inter-university research- practical conference. 2020. pp. 109-113.
- Kabachkova A.V. «Samochuvstvie – aktivnost – nastroenie» studentov – pervokursnikov pri poseshchenii zanyatiy po fizicheskomu vospitaniyu [Well-being - activity - mood of first-year students when attending physical education classes]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury. 2015. No. 7. pp. 29-31.
- Maslova T.M., Pokatskaya A.V. Sootnoshenie psikhoemotsionalnogo sostoyaniya i urovnya stressoustoychivosti lichnosti [Ratio of psychoemotional state and of individual stress resistance level]. Azimut nauchnykh issledovaniy: pedagogika i psikhologiya. 2020. No. 2 (31). pp. 351-353.
- Sokolov A.D., Ryspekova Sh.O., Zhumakova T.A. et al. Izmeneniya emotsionalnogo sostoyaniya studentov v khode uchebnogo protsessa [Changes in students’ emotional state during educational process]. Mezhdunarodny zhurnal prikladnyih i fundamentalnykh issledovaniy. 2016. No. 3-4. pp. .556-559.
- Shukurov F.A., Khalimova F.T., Arabzoda S.N. Psikhoemotsionalnoe sostoyanie studentov v sravnenii s ikh uspevaemostyu [Students’ psychoemotional state versus academic performance]. Biologiya i integrativnaya meditsina. 2020. No. 5 (45). pp. 144-152.