Structure and content of strength training of university students engaged in armsport
PhD, Associate Professor E.D. Mitusova2
1Gomel State University named after F. Skorinа, Gomel, Belarus
2State University of Humanities and Social Studies, Kolomna, Moscow Region
Objective of the study was to develop and test by experiment a strength training method in application to university students engaged in armsport.
Methods and structure of the study. The study was carried out at the premises of the armwrestling sports section at Francisk Skorina Gomel State University (Gomel, Belarus) throughout the 2020-2021 academic year. Subject to the study were 20 students aged 18-24 years - Class I and II armwrestlers.
Results and conclusions. The analysis of the growth of the strength test rates throughout the educational experiment indicated that at the end of the experiment, the total increase in the Experimental Group rates (21.89%, p˂0.05-0.001) was more significant than in the Control Group (1.44%, p˃0.05). It was shown that it is combined loads imposed in different combinations of modes of muscular work that have the greatest effect on the development of speed-strength qualities of armwrestlers. We consider it appropriate to take into account the following rules for developing students’ strength qualities. The number of repetitions per attempt should be decreased to 6-8, 4-6 times; conversely, the number of attempts should be increased and range between 3-6 attempts. The tempo of exercise execution is to be increased. Auxiliary body conditioning exercises should be gradually replaced by those designed to eliminate the shortcomings of the armwrestling technique, as well as those that improve athletes’ strength and speed. Nevertheless, a certain part of the body conditioning exercises is still present in the exercise complex.
Keywords: students, strength training, armsport, methodology.
- Zhivoderov A.V. Tekhnicheskaya podgotovka armrestlerov na etape nachalnoy sportivnoy spetsializatsii [Technical training of armwrestlers at initial sports specialization stage]. PhD diss. abstract. St. Petersburg, 2013. 26 p.
- Zhivora P.V., Rakhmatov A.I. Armsport: tekhnika, taktika, metodika obucheniya [Armsport: technique, tactics, teaching methods]. Study guide for students of higher pedagogical educational institutions. Moscow: Akademiya publ., 2001. 112 p.
- Konik A.A. Metodicheskie osobennosti podgotovki nachinayushchikh armbortsov [Methodological features of beginner armwrestler training]. Proceedings international research-practical conference of faculty and postgraduate students. Belgorod: BUKEPcpubl., 2012. pp. 276-282.
- Osipenko E.V. Sovremennye metodiki v monitoringe psikhofizicheskogo sostoyaniya shkolnikov i studentov: razdel 2.3 v kollektivnoy monografii [Modern methods in monitoring of psychophysical state of schoolchildren and students: section 2.3 in collective monograph]. Problemy ozdorovitelnoy fizicheskoy kultury i fizicheskoy reabilitatsii [Problems of health-improving physical education and physical rehabilitation]. A.P. Romanchuk, V.V. Klapchuk [ed.]. Odessa: Bukaev Vadim Viktorovich publ., 2015. pp. 116-127.
- Osipenko E.V., Makeeva V.S., Pushkina V.N. Monitoring fizicheskogo sostoyaniya shkolnikov i studentov [Monitoring of physical condition of schoolchildren and students]. Study guide.. F. Skorina Gomel state university. Moscow: RadioSoft publ., 2016. 320 p.
- Osipenko E.V. Kardiorespiratornaya sistema: adaptatsiya, monitoring, korrektsiya [Cardiorespiratory system: adaptation, monitoring, correction]. Smolensk: Print-Ekspress publ., 2018. 323 p.