Improvement of complex balancing skills in club exercises to excel sports mastery in youth rhythmic gymnastics
PhD E.V. Beklemisheva
Russian State University of Physical Education, Sports, Youth and Tourism (SCOLIPE), Moscow
Objective of the study was to improve complex balancing skills in junior rhythmic gymnasts by introducing in the training process an effective set of special means for enhancing the balancing function.
Methods and structure of the study. The experiment involved the 13-15 year-old girls (n=20) studying at the State Budgetary Institution "Sports School of Olympic Reserve No. 25", Moscomsport, and competing under the program for Candidate Masters of Sports in rhythmic gymnastics.
Two groups of female gymnasts were formed: Experimental and Control Groups. The Control Group subjects were trained according to the common training method. The Experimental Group subjects were proposed a special training program to improve their balancing skills with the inclusion of specially developed techniques with the clubs, balance platform, and rubber expander.
Results and conclusions. The experimental methodology was proved beneficial for improving the balancing skills of the Experimental Group female gymnasts (n=10): at the final competitions, where the difficulty score was 7.6 points, the female athletes managed to perform at 6.6 points, including body difficulty - 4.0 and apparatus difficulty - 2.6. The difficulty coefficient was 0.87 points. Therefore, the difficulty increased by 2.0 points. Based on the calculation of the variation coefficient, the actual difficulty of 10.75% indicated that the average dispersion was estimated at 10-20%, with the sample being homogeneous.
The findings confirmed the correctness of the developed methodology and proved the growth of the technical fitness rates aimed to maintain balance under the influence of the applied set of special exercises with the clubs, balance cushion, and rubber expander.
Keywords: technique and technical fitness, coordination and agility, classification and basics of club exercise technique, balancing technique, female rhythmic gymnasts’ technical fitness rating scale.
- Arkhipova Y.A. Bazovaya podgotovka yunykh gimnastok v uprazhneniyakh s predmetami . PhD diss. abstract SPbGAFK im. P.F. Lesgafta. St. Petersburg,1998. 24 p.
- Beklemisheva E.V., Dubovitskaya I.A., Sheryaeva E.V. Kontrol za khoreograficheskoy podgotovlennostyu v khudozhestvennoy gimnastike devochek 12-14 let [12-14 year-old girls’ choreographic progress tests in rhythmic gymnastics]. Fizicheskaya kultura: vospitanie, obrazovanie, trenirovka. 2018. No. 4. pp. 34-35.
- Wiener-Usmanova I.A. Khudozhestvennaya gimnastika. Teoriya i metodika [Rhythmic gymnastics. Theory and methodology], Moscow: Sport, 2015. 120 p.
- Karpenko L.A. Khudozhestvennaya gimnastika [Rhythmic gymnastics]. Lesgaft St. Petersburg State academy of physical culture publ., 2003. 382 p.
- Lisitskaya T.S., Tsun Pen, Markaryan V.S. Vzaimosvyaz plastichnosti dvizheniy i volnovoy tekhniki tantsa sportsmenok v khudozhestvennoy gimnastike [Dance plasticity and wavelike technique harmonizing model for rhythmic gymnastics]. Fizicheskaya kultura: vospitanie, obrazovanie, trenirovka. 2019. No. 3. 27 p.