«Mowgli» package program in long-term recreational training of 4-7 year-olds
PhD, Associate Professor O.B. Sokovikov1
PhD, Associate Professor L.A. Novikova2
Honored Trainer of the Russian Federation O.N. Nazarova3
1Russian State Agrarian Correspondence University, Balashikha, Moscow Region
2Russian State University of Physical Education, Sports, Youth and Tourism (SCOLIPE), Moscow
3MBU "Sports School" of the Pushkin City District of the Moscow Region
Objective of the study was to develop and substantiate the benefits of the innovative package program "Mowgli" in the long-term recreational training of 4-7 year-old children.
Methods and structure of the study. The program has been implemented in Moscow Region since 2013, in Perm - since 2015, in the Russian Far East cities - since 2016. During this period, 50,000 children and over 200 instructors were trained under the Program. In the long-term recreational training of 4-7 year-olds, the package program is based on the standardized sets of strictly regulated physical exercises in the form of circuit training conducted at a sufficiently high intensity with short rest breaks.
Results and conclusions. The authors state that the innovative package program "Mowgli", developed and implemented in the preschool educational institutions, has contributed to the enhancement of the general level of physical conditions of the children. The improvement of individuals’ motor skills was proved beneficial for their health, which indicates the applicability of the proposed program in the long-term recreational training of the 4-7 year-old children in the preschool educational institutions of the Russian Federation.
Keywords: children, physical education, "Mowgli" program, recreational training, physical conditions.
- Guba V.P., Achkasov E.E., Bulykina L.V. et al. Sensitivnye periody razvitiya detey. Opredelenie sportivnogo talanta [Sensitive periods of development of children. Definition of sports talent]. Moscow: Sport publ., 2021. 178 p.
- Landa B.H. Metodika kompleksnoy otsenki fizicheskogo razvitiya i fizicheskoy podgotovlennosti [Methodology for comprehensive assessment of physical development and physical fitness]. Tutorial. 4th ed., rev., sup.. Moscow: Sovetskiy sport publ., 2008. 242 p.
- Novikova L.A., Morozova L.P. Osobennosti razvitiya gibkosti sportsmenok 9-10 let na etape nachalnoy spetsializirovannoy podgotovki v khudozhestvennoy gimnastike [Beginner flexibility trainings of 9-10 year olds in women’s rhythmic gymnastics]. Fizicheskaya kultura: vospitanie, obrazovanie, trenirovka. 2019. No. 2. pp. 35-37.
- Federalny zakon ot 28.06.2014 #172-FZ «O strategicheskom planirovanii Rossiyskoy Federatsii» [Federal Law of June 28, 2014 No. 172-FL "On Strategic Planning of the Russian Federation"].
- Guba V.P., Skripko A.D. [ed.]. Fizicheskaya kultura dlya vsekh i kazhdogo [Physical education for everyone]. Study guide. Moscow: Sportivnaya kniga publ., 2018. 178 p.