Dr. Hab., Professor A.A. Shalmanov
Russian State University of Physical Education, Sports, Youth and Tourism (SCOLIPE), Moscow
Objective of the study was to conduct a comparative analysis of the patterns of change in the kinematic and dynamic indicators of the movement of the barbell in the snatch among the world record holders in the heavyweight division of men and women.
Methods and structure of the study. The article discusses the kinematic and dynamic indicators of the movement of the bar in the snatch among weightlifters world record holders among men and women in the absolute weight category, registered during the competitions at the European Championship 2021 in Moscow and the Cup of the President of the Russian Federation 2013 in Mytishchi.
Lateral and bilateral video recording of the ends of the barbell neck was carried out at a frequency of 50 and 100 frames per second, respectively. All three snatch attempts were registered.
Results and conclusions. It is shown that the most informative are the height of the bar at the beginning of the final acceleration, the maximum height during the unsupported squat, the maximum lifting speed of the projectile, as well as the power that athletes develop in the final acceleration phase. Comparison of mechanical energy indicators in the snatch indicates that athletes spend almost four times more energy on lifting the bar, and not on accelerating it to maximum speed. The values of potential energy in the best attempts of the compared athletes are 2069 J and 1235 J, and the kinetic energy is 530 J and 294 J, respectively. The results of the study can be used in assessing the technical skill and physical fitness of lower-skilled athletes.
Keywords: weightlifting, model characteristics of sportsmen's technical and speed-strength readiness.
- Shalmanov A.A. Osnovnye trebovaniya k racionalnoj tekhnike podema shtangi v klassicheskih tyazheloatleticheskih uprazhneniyah [Basic requirements for the rational technique of lifting the barbell in classical weightlifting exercises]. Innovacionnye tekhnologii v podgotovke sportsmenov [Innovative technologies in the training of athletes]. IV scientific-practical.conf. November 30 - December 2, 2016. Moscow. pp. 90-96.
- Shalmanov A.A. Individualnye metodicheskie rekomendacii po vypolneniyu trebovanij k tekhnicheskoj i skorostno-silovoj podgotovlennosti tyazheloatletov [Individual guidelines for meeting the requirements for technical and speed-strength fitness of weightlifters]. Uchenye zapiski universiteta im. P.F. Lesgafta. 2021. No. 3 (193). pp. 484-489.
- Shalmanov A.A., Skotnikov V.F. Biomekhanicheskij kontrol tekhnicheskoj i skorostno-silovoj podgotovlennosti sportsmenov v tyazheloj atletike [Biomechanical control of technical and speed-strength fitness of athletes in weightlifting]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury. 2013. No. 2. pp. 103-106.
- Bartonietz K. Biomechanics of the snatch: Toward a higher training efficiency / K. Bartonietz // National Strength and Conditioning Association Journal, 1996. 18. pp. 24-31.
- Garhammer J. A comparison of maximal power outputs between elite male and female weightlifters in competition / J. Garhammer // International Journal of Sport Biomechanics. 1991. 7. pp. 3-11.