Scientific justification for general physical fitness rating methods for golf players
PhD, Associate Professor E.V. Cherkashina1
Postgraduate student Ning Ji1
PhD, Associate Professor D.N. Platonov2
PhD, Associate Professor A.I. Ivanov2
1North-Eastern Federal University, Yakutsk
2Arctic State Agrotechnological University, Yakutsk
Objective of the study was to determine relative tests to estimate the general physical fitness of the 8-10 year-old boys engaged in golf based on the correlation pleiades.
Methods and structure of the study. Sampled for the study were the 8-10 year-old boys engaged in golf (n=47). The "Ruge" indoor golf simulator was used to estimate the following biomechanical parameters of the shot: launch angle, ball speed, club path angle, clubhead speed. The young athletes’ general physical fitness was rated in 21 test exercises. The study was carried out at the premises of Shenzhen Golf Club in China.
Results and conclusion. The study enabled to determine the correlation relationships between individual biochemical indicators of the shot performed using the indoor golf simulator and general physical fitness rates in the 8-10 year-old golf players. Only high correlation coefficients (r≥0.700) were taken into account in the selection of test exercises. As a result, 15 exercises were selected to monitor the general physical fitness of the 8-10 year-old boys engaged in golf.
Keywords: golf, control, testing, biomechanical analysis, training process.
- Zelichenok V.B., Nikitushkin V.G., Guba V.P. Legkaya atletika: kriterii otbora [Athletics: qualification criteria]. Moscow: Terra-Sport publ., 2000. 240 p.
- Korolkov A.N., Verchenov V.V. Soderzhanie mnogoletney podgotovki yunykh igrokov v golf [Contents of long-term training of junior golfers]. Voronezh: Nauch. kn. publ., 2014. 403 p.
- Korolkov A.N. Soderzhanie sportivnoy podgotovki v golfe [Content of golf sports training]. Study guide. Moscow: Editus publ., 2018. 144 p.
- Lyakh V.I. Koordinatsionnye sposobnosti: diagnostika i razvitie [Coordination abilities: diagnosis and development]. Moscow: TVT Divizion publ., 2006. 290 p.
- Rossiyskaya Federatsiya. Prikazy. Federalny standart sportivnoy podgotovki po vidu sporta golf: prikaz [Russian Federation. Orders. Federal standard of sports training in golf sport: order] [adopted by the Ministry of Sports of Russia on December 30, 2014 No. 1104: registered with the Ministry of Justice of Russia on February 06, 2015]. Moscow: Ministry of Sports of the Russian Federation publ., 2015.
- 20 p.
- Álvarez M., Sedano S., Cuadrado G., Redondo J.C. (2012). Effects of an 18-week strength training program on low-handicap golfers’ performance. The Journal of strength & Conditioning Research, 2012; 26 (4): 1110.
- Cummings P.M., Waldman H.S., Krings B.M., Smith J.W., McAllister M.J. Effects of fat grip training on muscular strength and driving performance in division I male golfers. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 2018; 32 (1): 205-210.
- Driggers A.R., Sato K. The effects of vertically orientated resistance training on golf drive performance in collegiate golfers. International Journal of Sports Science and Coaching, 2017; 13(4): 598-606.