Psychophysical training model for music department students
PhD, Associate Professor M.L. Listkova1
Dr. Hab., Professor L.K. Sidorov2
Dr. Hab., Professor V.V. Ponomarev2
1Omsk State Pedagogical University, Omsk
2Krasnoyarsk State Pedagogical University named after V.P. Astafiev, Krasnoyarsk
Objective of the study was to test benefits of a new psychophysical training model for music department students
Methods and structure of the study. The new psychophysical training model testing experiment was run in 2012-2019, with the 18-21 years-old OSPU healthy students (n=185) sampled for the tests including 55 music department students and 130 students from other arts departments. The physical fitness tests were run in the regular physical education (PE) classes and on an off-class basis. We used the training process observations, questionnaire surveys and experiments for the purposes of the study.
Results and conclusion. The questionnaire survey found 98% and 81% of the music department group and other group (respectively) complaining spinal pains after prolonged static physical workloads. The music department group also reported a pre-concert anxiety with the heart rate (HR) tested to average 93±6 beats/ min (p <0.01) two days before and 108±7 beats/ min one hour before the concert. The group was trained to master the mental/ emotional self-conditioning skills to effectively control emotions prior to and during concerts. Furthermore, we split up the music department group into Experimental and Reference Groups of 12 people each. The Experimental Group was subject to the pre-concert mental control training model for efficient emotional balancing. In two weeks, the Experimental Group reported improvements in the post-rehearsal rehabilitation, sleeping and stress tolerance skills. The Experimental Group trainings were also complemented by the special health improvement, occupational disease prevention and stress tolerance building practices run on a self-reliant and distant learning basis, in addition to the regular Physical Education classes, the Experimental Group trainings included special breathing, individual physical qualities improvement, and self-suggesting practices for success of the mental control service.
Keywords: psychophysical training model, physical education, questionnaire survey
- Degtyarevskaya T.Y., Danilina V.A. Vliyanie stressovykh vozdeystviy, perenesennykh v detskom vozraste, na psikhofiziologicheskuyu ustoychivost k stressu vo vzroslom vozraste [Influence of stress endured in childhood on psychophysiological resistance to stress in adulthood]. Norwegian Journal of Development of the International Science. 2019. No. 29-3. pp. 55-59.
- Informatsionnaya teoriya emotsiy P.V. Simonova [P.V. Simonov’s Information theory of emotions] (date of access: 25.01.2020).http://math.nsc.ru/AP/ScientificDiscovery/pages/Chapter_9_84.htm
- Konovalov I.E. Professionalno-orientirovannoe fizicheskoe vospitanie studentov srednikh spetsialnykh uchebnykh zavedeniy muzykalnogo profilya [Professionally oriented physical education of music students of secondary specialized educational institutions]. Vestnik Baltiyskogo federalnogo universiteta im. I. Kanta. 2011. No. 4. vospitanie-studentov-srednih-spetsialnyh-uchebnyh-zavedeniy-muzykalnogo-pro
- Konkova I.P., Abazyan A.G. Fizicheskaya kultura muzykanta [Musician’s physical culture]. Molodoy ucheny. 2019. No. 50 (288). pp. 458-460. Available at: https://moluch.ru/archive/288/65365/ (date of access: 26.02.2021).
- Malyukova T.I. Reaktsiya serdechno-sosudistoy sistemy na stressovye vozdeystviya [Reaction of cardiovascular system to stressful influences]. Sovremennye problemy nauki i obrazovaniya. 2020. No. 6. Available at: http://science-education.ru/ru/article/view?id=30248 (date of access: 21.02.2021).
- Petrushin V.I. Muzykalnaya psikhologiya [Musical psychology]. Study guide for universities. Moscow: Akademicheskiy proekt; Triksta publ., 2008. 398 p. ISBN: 978-5-8291-0961-5, 978-5-902358-01-5
- Listkova M.L., Sidorov L.K. Samostoyatelnye zanyatiya fizicheskoy kulturoy studentov v sisteme fizicheskogo vospitaniya vuza [Self-reliant physical education practices of students in academic physical education system]. Moscow: Triumf publ., 2020. 172 p. DOI:10.32986/978-5-93673-283-6-172-29-2020 ISBN 978-5-93673-283-6
- Sergeev S.A. Tvorets samogo sebya [Creator of oneself]. Donetsk: BAO publ., 1998. 320 p.
- Eranova T. Slovar chuvstv i emotsiy [Dictionary of feelings and emotions]. 2015.
- Fedorova T.N. Znachenie professionalno-prikladnoy fizicheskoy podgotovki kak osoboy raznovidnosti fizicheskogo vospitaniya [Value of applied professional physical training as special type of physical education]. Sovremennye problemy nauki i obrazovaniya. 2015. No. 3. Available at: http://science-education.ru/ru/article/view?id=19742 (date of access: 26.02.2021).