Dr.Hab., Professor G.N. Ponomarev1
Dr.Hab., Professor E.N. Komissarova2
1Herzen Russian State Pedagogical University, Saint Petersburg
2Saint Petersburg State Pediatric Medical University, Saint Petersburg
Objective of the study was to analyze the age- and somatotype-specific motor skills progress of teenage handball players by their game roles.
Methods and structure of the study. We sampled for the longitudinal study the 10-16 years-old male handball players (n=46) with the 7-minus-year sports experiences. We used R.N. Dorokhov (1991) anthropometric test method with a computerized somatotyping capacity; finger dermatoglyphics (patterning) method to obtain delta index (DL10), ridge count (RC); ridge count to DL10 ratio (RC/ DL10); standard clinical physiological test methods; bioimpedance tests using "Diamant-AIST" Body Composition Analyzer; and traditional motor skills test methods.
Results and conclusion. Based on the prior tests, the sample was provisionally split up into midfielders and wingers groups. We used the Dorokhov (1991) somatotyping test to group the 10-13 year-old midfielders with mostly macrosomatic type (74-82%); and the 14-15 year-old midfielders with mostly mesosomatic type (43-62%). The 10-13 year-old wingers were classified with macrosomatic, mesosomatic and micromesosomatic types, with their percentages virtually equal; whilst the 14-16 year-old midfielders were mostly grouped with the micromesosomatic type (53.8-85%) followed by mesosomatic type (15.4-46%). It should be mentioned that a somatotype formation in ontogenesis is dominated by multidirectional changes in body length and mass for this age groups.
Keywords: somatotype, game position, age of motor qualities formation.
- Abramova T.F., Nikitina T.M., Kochetkova N.I. et al. Sport vysshikh dostizheniy kak model issledovaniya integrativnykh priznakov tselostnosti individa [Elite sports as model for study of integrative signs of individual integrity]. Proc. IV international Congress on Integrative Anthropology. Saint Petersburg: Saint Petersburg State Pediatric Medical University publ., 2002. pp. 12-13.
- Balsevich V.K. Metodologicheskie printsipy issledovaniy po probleme otbora i sportivnoy orientatsii [Methodological principles of research on problem of selection and sports orientation]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury. 2006. No. 1. pp. 33-31.
- Vlasova S.V., Khodulev V.I., Ponomarev G.N. Kolichestvennaya elektromiograficheskaya otsenka mezhmyshechnogo vzaimodeystviya u sportsmenov [Electromyographic rates to quantify intermuscular interactions in athletes]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury. 2016. no. 8. pp. 97-99.
- Dorokhov R.N., Petrukhin V.G. Metodika somatotipirovaniya detey i podrostkov [Methodology for somatotyping children and adolescents]. Novosti sportivnoy i meditsinskoy antropologii, 1990. No. 3. pp. 107-120.
- Zaitseva V.V. Metodologiya individualnogo podkhoda v ozdorovitelnoy fizicheskoy kulture na osnove sovremennykh informatsionnykh tekhnologiy [Methodology of individual approach in health-improving physical culture based on modern information technologies]. Doct. Diss abstract (Hab.). Moscow, 1995. 47 p.
- Zaitseva V.V., Sonkin V.D, Izaak S.I. Individualny podkhod v fizicheskom vospitanii i ego realizatsiya na osnove kompyuternykh tekhnologiy [Individual approach to physical education and its implementation based on computer technology]. Study guide for students, masters and postgraduate students of Russian State Academy of Physical Culture. Moscow: RSAPC publ., 1998. 83 p.
- Izaak S.I., Panasyuk T.V., Tambovtseva R.V. Fizicheskoe razvitie i bioenergetika myshechnoy deyatelnosti shkolnikov [Physical development and bioenergetics of muscular activity of schoolchildren]. Moscow-Orel: ORAGS, 2005. 224 p.
- Komissarova E.N., Panasyuk T.V. Rol konstitutsii v fizicheskom vospitanii detey [Role of constitution in physical education of children]. Aktualnye problemy sportivnoy morfologii i genetiki cheloveka [Actual problems of sports morphology and human genetics]. III Int. scientific. conf. Moscow: MSAPC-MosSU, 2009. pp. 91-94.
- Nikityuk B.A. Konstitutsiya kak prognosticheskiy faktor v meditsine i sportivnoy antropologii [Constitution as prognostic factor in medicine and sports anthropology]. Sports and Medical Anthropology News no. 1. Moscow: Scientific information cooperative «Sportinfom». 1990. pp. 34-51.
- Panasyuk T.V. Konstitutsionalnaya prinadlezhnost kak osnova prognoza rosta i razvitiya detey ot 3 do 17 let [Constitutional affiliation as basis for predicting growth and development of children from 3 to 17 years old]. Doct. Diss abstract (Biol.). Saint Petersburg, 2008. 30 p.
- Sonkin V.D., Zaytseva V.V., Maslova G.M. Novy vzglyad na staruyu problemu: konstitutsiya cheloveka i fizicheskoe vospitanie [New look at old problem: human constitution and physical education]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. Kultury. 1995. No. 3. pp. 54-58.