Dr.Hab., Professor L.G. Ryzhkova1
PhD, Associate Professor A.Yu. Vagin1
1Russian State University of Physical Education, Sport, Youth and Tourism (SCOLIPE), Moscow
Objective of the study was to analyze the biomechanical characteristics of a combat action - advance lunge - to assess the relationship between the strength, temporal and speed parameters of individual parts of a whole motor act.
Methods and structure of the study. The kinematic structure of fencers' movements when performing a lunge was studied using the "Qualisys" hardware and software complex and "Qualisys Track Manager" hardware and software complex, which enabled to evaluate the movement technique by creating a three-dimensional model of a moving body with the mathematical analysis of the main features of the lunge technique.
It became possible to identify the main kinematic indicators (strength, speed, and temporal) of movement of the athlete’s body segments (which helped assess the lunge technique) by involving a qualified foilsman (age - 23 y.o., height - 183 cm, weight - 72 kg, qualification - Master of Sport). The athlete performed 10 advance lunges to hit a partner. At the same time, the foilsman was asked to attack the opponent as quickly as possible.
Using the three-dimensional biomechanical survey, we constructed the graphs to register changes in the vertical and horizontal components of support reaction force, measure the temporal parameters of individual movement phases and the maximum speed of movement of the joints involved.
We marked the lateral part of the joint axes of the arms, legs and torso. After the biomechanical survey with the use of the "Qualisys Track Manager" hardware and software complex, we determined the kinematic characteristics of the selected reference points and built a multisegmental model of the human body.
Results of the study and conclusions. The analysis of the biomechanical characteristics of the lunge technique enabled to identify possible correlations between them, which helped determine the relationship between the maximum value of the longitudinal horizontal component of support reaction force, temporal and speed parameters of movement of the fencer's body segments when performing the specified combat action.
Keywords: biomechanical characteristics, kinematic structure of movements, "Qualisys" hardware and software complex, lunge execution technique, qualified fencer, correlation analysis.
- Ryzhkova L.G.; Tyshler G.D. [ed.] Tekhnika i taktika sportivnogo fekhtovaniya [Technique and tactics of competitive fencing]. Fekhtovanie XXI. Tekhnika. Taktika. Psikhologiya. Upravlenie trenirovkoy [Fencing XXI. Technique. Tactics. Psychology. Training Management]. Moscow: Chelovek publ., 2014. pp. 19-28.
- Ryzhkova L.G., Vagin A.Yu. Kharakteristiki tekhniki vypolneniya vypada, kak osnovnogo elementa pri zavershenii ataki v ekstremalnykh situatsiyakh fekhtovalnogo boya [Characteristics of lunge technique as main element when completing attack in extreme situations of fencing battle]. Ekstremalnaya deyatelnost cheloveka: Scientific and methodological journal. 2019. No. 4 (54). pp. 25-29.
- Tyshler D.A., Tyshler G.D. Tekhnicheskaya napravlennost trenirovki [Technical focus of training]. Fekhtovanie XXI. Tekhnika. Taktika. Psikhologiya. Upravlenie trenirovkoy [Fencing XXI. Technique. Tactics. Psychology. Training Management]. Moscow: Chelovek publ., 2014. pp. 153-165.
- Shalmanov A.A. et al. Metody issledovaniya dvigatelnykh deystviy i tekhnicheskogo masterstva sportsmenov v sportivnoy biomekhanike [Research methods of motor actions and technical skills of athletes in sports biomechanics]. Nauka o sporte: Entsiklopediya sistem zhizneobespecheniya [Sports Science: Encyclopedia of Life Support Systems]. Moscow: Magistr-Yunesko publ., 2011. pp. 165-178.
- Shalmanov A.A., Lanka Ya.E., Konrads A.M. Sootnoshenie obshchego i individualnogo v izuchenii i otsenke sportivnoy tekhniki [Ratio of general and individual in study and evaluation of sports technique]. Nauka v olimpiyskom sporte. Kiev. 2006. No. 2. pp. 103-113.