PhD E.V. Beklemisheva1
1Russian State University of Physical Education, Sport, Youth and Tourism (SCOLIPE), Moscow
Objective of the study was to develop coordinating abilities in the 9-10 year-old girls involved in rhythmic gymnastics using the jump rope and ball routines.
Methods and structure of the study. The study involved a group of female rhythmic gymnasts (n=10), aged from 9 to 10 years and having the sports qualifications of Class II and Class III. They were divided into the Experimental and Control Groups. The subjects' performance technique was rated by the coach. Initial testing was conducted at the first stage of the experiment. The female gymnasts were offered 10 control exercises. Each testee had to perform the exercise with the ball in one hand and the jump rope in the other. The Control Group subjects were trained according to the traditional program, those of the Experimental group were offered a series of exercises to develop coordinating abilities using the jump rope and the ball. At the second stage of the experiment, retesting was conducted. At the third stage, we carried out a comparative analysis of the data obtained at the beginning and at the end of the experiment.
Results of the study and conclusions. The study revealed significant differences in all test results demonstrated by the Experimental group female gymnasts. Thus, the introduction of the series of experimental exercises with two objects - the ball and the jump rope - in the training process of rhythmic gymnasts affected the 9-10 year-old female athletes, which had a positive effect on the mastery of the objects and increased the performance rate.
Keywords: coordination, coordinating abilities and agility, coordination complexity of exercises, technical fitness, scale of assessment of technical fitness of female rhythmic gymnasts.
- Varakina T.T., Kudryashova L.N., Markova T.L. Uprazhneniya s predmetami [Exercises with accessories]. M.: Fizkultura i sport publ.. 1973. 215 p.
- Viner I.A. Podgotovka vysokokvalifitsirovannykh sportsmenok v khudozhestvennoy gimnastike [Training of highly skilled athletes in rhythmic gymnastics]. PhD diss.. St. Petersburg, 2003. 20 p.
- Gaverdovskiy Yu.K. Tekhnika gimnasticheskikh uprazhneniy [Technique of gymnastic exercises]. Study guide. M.: Terra-Sport publ.. 2002. 512 p.
- Gaverdovskiy Yu.K., Lagutin A.B. Gimnastika: lektsii [Gymnastics: lectures]. Teaching aid. M.: Fizicheskaya kultura publ.. 2012. 90 p.
- Lisitskaya T.S. Khoreografiya v gimnastike [Choreography in gymnastics]. M.: Fizkultura i sport publ.. 1984.
- Lyakh V.I. Koordinatsionnye sposobnosti shkolnikov. Osnovy testirovaniya i metodiki razvitiya [Coordination abilities of schoolchildren. Fundamentals of testing and development methods]. M.: Fizicheskaya kultura v shkole. 2000. No. 5. pp. 3-10.
- Karpenko L.A. [ed.] Khudozhestvennaya gimnastika [Rhythmic gymnastics]. Textbook for physical education institutes. M.. 2003. 282 p.
- Lisitskaya T.S. [ed.] Khudozhestvennaya gimnastika [Rhythmic gymnastics]. Textbook for physical education institutes. M.: Fizkultura i sport publ.. 1982. 232 p.