PhD, Associate Professor G.A. Butko1
PhD, Associate Professor G.R. Shashkina1
PhD, Associate Professor G.V. Kuznetsova1
1Moscow City Pedagogical University, Moscow
Objective of the study was to identify common features of motor activity of children with minor developmental disorders to determine the most appropriate methods of and approaches to the correction of their psychomotor disabilities.
Methods and structure of the study. Sampled for the study were children with minor developmental disorders: mental retardation and severe speech disorders. We studied their psychomotor skills using the neuropsychological tests proposed by I.F. Markovskaya for elementary schoolchildren and modified by G.A. Butko for preschoolers.
Results and conclusions. The study showed that the majority of the examined children, including those apparently healthy, had minor organic lesions of the CNS. To correct the motor and psychomotor disorders in the children with minor developmental disabilities, the authors propose including in the corrective process of psychological and pedagogical technologies aimed to develop both general and fine motor skills, as well as the most essential movement components that form the basis of normal psychomotor development of a child: visual-spatial and auditory-motor coordination, spatial praxis, dynamic and static movement coordination, postural praxis, uniformity of movements, constructive praxis, and graphomotor skills. All these components can be most efficiently developed during remedial rhythmic gymnastics classes, while the preschoolers' graphomotor skills can be improved through figurative activity. According to the authors, this package of psychological and pedagogical measures will help prepare preschoolers with developmental disorders for schooling within an inclusive education system.
Keywords: psychomotor skills, motor skills, children with minor developmental disorders, remedial rhythmic gymnastics, figurative activity.
- Butko G.A., Suvorova O.V., Sorokoumova S.N. Izuchenie dvigatelnoy sfery doshkolnikov s zaderzhkoy psikhicheskogo razvitiya [Study of motor sphere of preschoolers with mental retardation]. Vestnik Mininskogo universiteta. 2019. v. 7. No. 3. p. 6.
- Ekzhanova E.A. Izobrazitelnaya deyatelnost v vospitanii i obuchenii doshkolnikov s raznym urovnem umstvennoy nedostatochnosti [Visual activity in education and training of preschoolers with different levels of mental deficiency]. St. Petersburg: Sotis publ., 2002. 256 p.
- Kuznetsova G.V. K probleme esteticheskogo vospitaniya detey s ogranichennyimi vozmozhnostyami zdorovya v seme [On the problem of aesthetic family education of children with disabilities]. Korrektsionnaya pedagogika: teoriya i praktika. 2018. No. 2 (76). pp. 53-63.
- Levchenko I.Yu., Chizhikova E.O., Butko G.A. O nekotorykh tendentsiyakh razvitiya sovremennogo doshkolnogo obrazovaniya detey s ogranichennymi vozmozhnostyami zdorovya [Some development trends of modern preschool education of children with disabilities]. Standarty i monitoring v obrazovanii.2019. No. 2. pp. 46-55.
- Levchenko I.Yu., Zabramnaya S.D. et al. Psikhologo-pedagogicheskaya diagnostika razvitiya lits s ogranichennymi vozmozhnostyami zdorovya [Psychological and pedagogical diagnostics of development of persons with disabilities]. Textbook for students higher ed. institutions]. 7th., ster. M.: Akademiya publ., 2013. 336 p.
- Markovskaya I.F. Zaderzhka psikhicheskogo razvitiya. Klinicheskaya i neyropsikhologicheskaya diagnostika [Mental retardation. Clinical and neuropsychological diagnostics]. M.: Kompens-tsentr publ., 1993. 198 p.
- Shashkina G.R. Korrektsionnaya ritmika dlya doshkolnikov s zaderzhkoy psikhicheskogo razvitiya [Correctional rhythm for preschoolers with mental retardation]. Vospitanie i obuchenie detey s narusheniyami razvitiya. Scientific and methodological and practical journal. M.: Shkolnaya pressa publ., 2018. No. 3. pp. 48-53.