Dr.Hab., Professor Z.I. Tyumaseva1
PhD, Associate Professor I.L. Orekhova1
Dr.Hab., Professor E.B. Bystray1
Dr.Hab., Professor V.I. Sivakov1
PhD, Associate Professor E.S. Gladkaya1
1South Ural State Humanitarian-Pedagogical University, Chelyabinsk
The national education psychology gives a high priority to the physical progress securing theory and practices in the national educational system – to meet the social demand for the young people’s health protection and improvement services in view of the new generation’s expected contribution to the future economic, political and social progress. The Russian Physical Culture and Sports 'Ready for Labour and Defence' (GTO) Complex reinstatement project was designed as a national health improvement initiative with its state-approved physical fitness standards and requirements. This is the reason why the methods to train students for the GTO Complex tests are ranked so important by the education system. Objective of the study was to test benefits of the values-driven health agenda for physical progress in trainings for the GTO Complex tests. We run a set of objective and subjective health tests and surveys at a pedagogical university to rate the students’ physical fitness versus their attitudes to healthy lifestyle and health. Less than 40% of the sample was tested with a safe health level, with 82% of the sample tested with underdeveloped health agenda and commitment to healthy lifestyle. It was found that special efforts need to be taken to cultivate a values-driven health agenda in students for physical progress in trainings for the GTO Complex tests.
Keywords: health, values-driven health agenda, physical fitness, students, GTO Complex tests.
- Volkov P.B. Formirovanie tsennostnogo otnosheniya k zanyatiyam fizicheskoy kulturoy i sportom u selskoy molodezhi [Cultivating physical education and sports value attitude among rural youth]. Kazan: Kazan National Research Technological University publ., 2015. 135 p.
- Raysvikh Yu.A., Bystray E.B. Aktualizatsiya lichnostnykh funktsiy budushchikh uchiteley kak uslovie formirovaniya professionalno-tsennostnykh orientatsiy v kontekste dialoga kultur [Actualization of personal functions of future teachers as condition for formation of professional value orientations in context of dialogue of cultures]. Vestnik pedagogicheskikh innovatsiy. 2005. no. 1. pp. 64–69.
- Rozov N.S. Tsennosti v problemnom mire: filosofskie osnovaniya i sotsialnye prilozheniya konstruktivnoy aksiologii [Values in problem world: philosophical foundations and social applications of constructive axiology]. Novosibirsk: NU publ., 1998. 292 p.
- Semenova L.M., Semenova T.O., Yakovleva L.M. Funktsionalnaya adaptatsiya shkolnikov k uchebnomu protsessu [Functional adaptation of schoolchildren to educational process]. Vestnik Chuvashskogo universiteta. 2013. no. 3. pp. 502–506.
- Tyumaseva Z.I., Orekhova I.L., Kushnina E.G. Ozdorovlenie detey Rossii kak innovatsionnaya pedagogicheskaya deyatelnost (v sfere doshkolnogo obrazovaniya) [Russian children's health improvement as innovative educational activity (in pre-school education)]. Chelyabinsk: Tsitsero publ., 2012. 299 p.
- Tyumaseva Z.I., Orekhova I.L., Valeeva G.V., Gladkaya E.S. Proektirovanie zdorovyesberegayushchego i bezopasnogo prostranstva «vuz – shkola» kak uslovie professionalnogo stanovleniya studentov [Health-protecting and safe “university-school” space design as a condition for students' professional development]. Chelyabinsk: ChSPU publ., 2015. 288 p.