PhD, Associate Professor D.N. Platonov1
PhD, Associate Professor Z.N.Platonova1
1North-Eastern Federal University named after M.K. Ammosov, Yakutsk
The features of the combat readiness of teenaged athletes to the competition are considered and possible ways and methods to increase it are discussed. Successful competitive performance depends on many external and internal factors. The maximum result the athlete can show when being in an optimal combat condition. The goal of our research was to study the level of optimal combat status of athletes. The “self-assessment scale of anxiety”, “Scale of motivational state”, “Need for Achievement” method, “Motives of sports activity” method, M. Luscher test were chosen as the research methods. A program of psychological counselling for athletes was developed. Diagnostics was carried out before and after the implementation of the experimental program to analyze the dynamics of mental state.
The results of an empirical study conducted before and after mental conditioning are presented. The authors conclude that the psychological counselling of their training and competitive training is crucial in athletes' training. The level of optimal combat status of athletes may depend on their skill level. The optimal combat status also depends on the degree of significance of the competitions of athletes.
The study proved that the more often the athlete will take starts at various competitions, the higher the likelihood that he will be able to have an optimal combat readiness, i.e. it is easier and faster to go deep into it, developing an optimal level of anxiety and motivation.
Keywords: combat readiness, self-mobilization, mental conditioning, anxiety.
- Ilyin E.P. Psikhologiya sporta [Sport psychology]. Piter publ., 2008. 352 p. (Ser. «Masters of psychology»).
- Nakhodkin V.V. Psikhologicheskaya podgotovka yunykh sportsmenov [Mental conditioning of junior athletes]. Psychologist's guide. Yakutsk: NEFU publ, 2012. 138 p.
- Nebytova L.A. Psikhologicheskoe soprovozhdenie formirovaniya nadezhnosti sub'ekta sportivnoy deyatelnosti [Psychological support of formation of reliability of sports activity subject]. PhD diss. abstr.. Stavropol, 2004.
- Platonova Z.N. Sportivny psikholog [Sports psychologist]. Yakutsk: NEFU publ., 2013. 86 p.
- Savenkov G.I. Psikhologicheskaya podgotovka sportsmena v sovremennoy sisteme sportivnoy trenirovki [Mental conditioning of athlete in modern sports training system]. Study guide. M.: Fizicheskaya kultura publ., 2006. 96 p.
- Sopov V.F. Psikhicheskie sostoyaniya v napryazhennoy professionalnoy deyatelnosti [Mental states in intense professional activity]. M: Akademicheskiy proekt publ.. 2005.
- Stolova I.I., Stolov I.I. [ed.] Legkaya atletika. Mnogoborye. Primernaya programma sportivnoy podgotovki dlya detsko-yunosheskih sportivnykh shkol, spetsializirovannykh detsko-yunosheskikh shkol olimpiyskogo rezerva [Athletics. All-around. Sample sports training program for children and youth sports schools, specialized children and youth Olympic reserve schools]. M.: Sovetskiy sport publ., 2005. 112 p.