Dr.Hab., Professor N.V. Parshikova1
Dr.Hab. S.I. Izaak2
1Russian Ministry of Sports, Moscow
2Russian New University, Moscow
3Kazakh National Academy of Arts n.a. T.K. Zhurgenov, Alma-Ata, Republic of Kazakhstan
Since the open confrontation of the global superpowers came to an end, the power struggle on the global arenas has been going in a variety of covert forms. In the global sports sector, the superpowers continued their competition increasingly making resort to the modern ‘soft power’ tools on the one hand and taking efforts to increase competitiveness of the national sports to secure leadership on the global arenas on the other hand. Presently Russia is ranked number one nation by the Global Sports Nations Index – that is computed with account of the top-ranking (and national image-making) sport events hosted by every nation. It should be mentioned that Russia as a sporting nation has been on the rise for the last decade as manifested by the competitive accomplishments in the top-ranking international events and the national policies to support the large-scale popular sport projects of importance for the national image. Thus the ‘Russia – Sporting Nation’ Forum endorsed by Presidential Decree №863 of 27.07.2009 is ranked among such popular projects. The study analyzes progress of the ‘Russia – Sporting Nation’ Forum in the context of the national sports industry development process and emphasizes the key provisions that make it different from the alike projects in the national sport industry – including its sound regulatory framework; impressive scale of the event, its ideas and services, popularity and participation; communication service; digitalized service facilities and the international support and cooperation; and offers recommendations on how the Forum design, management and operations can be improved.
Keywords: sports, image, Forum, sporting nation, communication domain, digitalized service, international cooperation.
- Izaak S.I. Strategiya razvitiya sportivnoy otrasli [Sports industry development strategy]. M.: Sport publ., 2018. 168 p.
- Izaak S.I. Vliyanie sportivnykh sobyitiy na mezhdunarodny imidzh gosudarstva [Effect of sporting events on international image of the country]. POISK: Politika. Obshchestvovedenie. Iskusstvo. Sotsiologiya. Kultura. 2019. no.3 (74). – pp. 98-104
- Mezhdunarodny sportivny forum «Rossiya – sportivnaya derzhava» [International Sports Forum "Russia - Sports Power"] [Electronic resource]. Available at: http://sportforumrussia.ru (date of access: 15.02.2019).
- Parshikova N.V. Normativno-pravovoe obespechenie organizatsii i provedeniya XXVII Vsemirnoy letney universiady 2013 goda v g. Kazani [Regulatory Support of Organization and Staging of XXVII World Summer Universiade 2013 in Kazan]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury, 2014, no.1, pp. 3-4.
- Parshikova N.V., Izaak S.I., Kovalenko G.V. Sport v mezhdunarodnoy sisteme koordinat: novyie vyzovy i vozmozhnosti [Sport in global coordinate system: new challenges and opportunities]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury. 2017. no. 7. pp. 94-96.
- Parshikova N.V., Izaak S.I., Malits V.N. Razvitie fizicheskoy kultury i sporta: strategiya budushchego [National physical culture and sports sector long-term development strategy]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury, 2017, no. 12, pp. 3-5.
- Izaak S.I. [ed.]Sbornik dokladov Mezhdunarodnogo sportivnogo foruma «Rossiya – sportivnaya derzhava» [Collected reports of International Sports Forum "Russia - Sports Power"]. (Yakutsk, July 4-5, 2012 M.: SportAkademReklama publ., 2012. 232 p.
- Ukaz Prezidenta Rossiyskoy Federatsii ot 27.07.2009 g. # 863 «O Vserossiyskom sportivnom forume “Rossiya – sportivnaya derzhava”» [RF President Decree dated July 27, 2009 No. 863 “On the Russian Sports Forum“ Russia - Sports Power ”” [Electronic resource]. Available at: http://www.kremlin.ru/acts/bank/29683 (date of access: 15.02.2019).