Expert valuation and associative rules to rate motor skills in sprint
PhD A.A. Pomerantsev1
PhD V.A. Kashkarov1
1Lipetsk State Pedagogical P. Semenov-Tyan-Shansky University, Lipetsk
Modern sport science gives a high priority to every success factor analysis, with the sport-specific motor skills being commonly perceived as critical for success in most of the modern sport disciplines. Objective of the study was to analyze benefits of a new sport technique analyzing tool that combines the visual quality analysis with the technique rating data processed by a mathematical statistics toolkit. The study included expert valuations of the sprint running techniques by 10 leading active coaches who rated the skills of 10 elite sprinters. The experts were expected to fix typical errors if any and score the sprint techniques on the whole in 17 aspects. The expert scores were verified by objective mathematical statistic tools to find contradictions in the expert scores and ratings. Since every expert used 17 variables to rate the sprint techniques of the 10 athletes, the data array totaled 1700 values processed by the mathematical statistics toolkit. The analytical method tested by the study made it possible to find 3508 associative rules to rate the modern sprint techniques including 252 core rules with the maximal meaning and dependability rates. The study demonstrates benefits of the new motor skill analyzing method based on expert valuations verifiable by the associative rules and movement biomechanics.
Keywords: movement biomechanics, sport techniques, blunders in motor skills, sprint, associative rules.
- Kvashuk P.V., Semayeva G.N., Maslova I.N. Faktorny analiz biomekhanicheskikh pokazateley grebli muzhchin-baydarochnikov [Factor analysis of biomechanical rowing indicators of male kayakers]. Uchenye zapiski universiteta im. P.F. Lesgafta. 2015. no. 9 pp. 114-116.
- Korenberg V.B. Osnovy kachestvennogo biomekhanicheskogo analiza [Basics of high-quality biomechanical analysis]. M.: Fizkultura i sport, 1979. 208 p.
- Korshikov V.M., Pomerantsev A.A. Biomekhanika [Biomechanics]. Study guide. Lipetsk: LSPU publ., 2012. 240 p.
- Ovchinnikov Yu.D., Minchenko V.G. Biomekhanika dvigatelnoy deyatelnosti: metodika obucheniya studentov [Biomechanics of motor activity: student teaching methodology]. Fizicheskaya kultura. Sport. Turizm. Dvigatelnaya rekreatsiya. 2017. vol. 2. no. 4. pp. 47–51.
- Pomerantsev A.A. Issledovaniya po sportivnoy biomekhanike s primeneniem optiko-elektronnykh metodov registratsii parametrov dvizheniya [Research on sports biomechanics using optical-electronic motion parameters recording methods]. Lipetsk: LSPU publ., 2018. 233 p.
- Samsonova A.V. Vozmozhnosti primeneniya faktornogo analiza dlya resheniya zadach v oblasti fizicheskoy kultury i sporta [Application potential of factor analysis to solve problems in physical education and sports]. Proc. final res.-pract. conf. of SPbSUPE satff for 2005. St. Petersburg, 2006. pp. 21-22.
- Suchilin N.G., Arkaev L.Ya., Savelyev V.S. Pedagogiko-biomekhanicheskiy analiz tekhniki sportivnykh dvizheniy na osnove programmno-apparatnogo videokompleksa [Educational and biomechanical analysis of sports movement techniques based on software and hardware video complex]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury. 1996. no. 4. pp. 12-20.
- Furaev A.N. Obosnovanie znacheniy biomekhanicheskikh parametrov ryvka shtangi s pomoshchyu assotsiativnykh pravil [Justifying values of biomechanical parameters of clean and jerk using association rules]. Uchenye zapiski universiteta im. P.F. Lesgafta, 2015. no. 12 (130). 277-281.